(Y/N): Irene?

Irene: I don't feel sad, I just feel...empty. Something is missing.

(Y/N): I'm sorry.

Irene: We had been friends for years. I knew it was bad for us to see each other, but he's all I had in life. The other devils looked down on me, but he never did. Even though I was different than him he treated me like a person, a friend. I spent my entire day excited to hangout with him at that park, it was where we always hangout. We'd sit and talk, and just talk for hours. But this time they came. They came the second you came, meaning they sensed your power. This.. is your fault.

She got up from the bed and turned to you. The failed logic made sense to her, it clicked in her head. Her eyes were bloodshot, and you tell easily she hadn't slept well. That emptiness in her heart was replaced with anger, at you.

Irene: This is your fault!

(Y/N): I'm sorry about him, but this isn't my fault. 

Irene: I'll put you in the ground for what you did to him.

(Y/N): Irene, please-

You couldn't finish as she punched you with an unexpected amount of force. You were sent flying through 2 walls and eventually stopped by skidding through the training area. You left a small trail in the ground of dirt.

(Y/N): Irene calm down!

Irene: I lost all I had, because of YOU!

Realizing where you were, your peerage were all out there training and had turned their attention to you. The golems also were ready to intervene. Everyone stood ready to intervene, but you held your hand up.

(Y/N): Stand back everyone, no one intervene!

Everyone hesitantly stood down and watched, they did as you asked.

Irene: If it wasn't for you I could still be with him, telling him about his day. But now I get to look at his ashes in a jar!

She walked through the holes she made and stalked towards you, screaming at you with everything she had. If her anger was a power, you would be dead.

(Y/N): It wasn't my fault, the fallen angels came for you guys.

Irene: You brought them to us, don't lie to me. ITS YOUR FAULT!

Irene got to you as her knees gave out from weakness despair, still angry though she pounded on your chest as you stood there, unsure what to do. All her power was gone again as she broke down on top of you. Trying to console her, you give her a hug, shocking her.

Irene: I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry

She cried into you, you felt her tears soak through your shirt but you sat there. She needed this.

(Y/N): It's ok Irene, it's all ok

Irene: This pain, I want it gone

(Y/N): I know how it feels.

Irene got off your chest, a little shocked at what you said. Your peerage knew what was happening next and were ready to help you if needed. Kusara Jogged over and helped you both to your feet, the training area now had a huge dent through it. But we can fix that another time.

(Y/N): I used to be apart of a peerage, The King was called Rias Gremory. I had a girlfriend there named Akeno, She was the love of my life. At the time I did anything I could to impress her. But she picked another boy over me, just like most of them did. They left to me to die, but Anubis here saved me and gave me a new life.

Anubis walked out of the base, admiring the holes through his wall.

Irene: So you know my pain...

(Y/N): I do, I know what it feels like, Anubis helped me get over my pain. Allow me to help you get over yours.

Irene: T-thank you!

Irene gave you a hug once more as you hugged back.

(Y/N): Now, would you like to bury him. Give him the burial he deserves

Irene rubs her eyes as she looked around, picking a spot worthy of him.

Irene: I'd love that

You go inside and retrieve the jar, taking extra care not to hurt it in any way.

(Y/N): I know a good spot, come with m

You walk to the edge of the mountain as everyone followed, a small but big enough chunk of grass. From this spot, you could see the sunset in the afternoon. The view was gorgeous, a worthy burial spot.

Irene: This is amazing. Its perfect!

Anubis: Hold on, allow me

Anubis levitates a chunk of the ground out and allowing you to place the jar down. Anubis puts the dirt back covering the body and putting it at rest once more. EG1 walked forward and put his hand to the ground in front of the grave. A small stone came out. You walked forward and carved into it

Here Lies...

You pause for a second and turn around

(Y/N): What was his name?

Irene: James...

You finish carving the tombstone and stand back to look at it

Here Lies James
A friend of the world,
who will be missed by the world!

(Y/N): He is at rest, lets pay our respects.

A minute of silence ensued, everyone gathered around the grave to pay their respects. Even the familiars sat behind you guys, their heads down in understanding.

Irene: Thank you everyone, thank you (Y/N)! Can I ask for one more favor.

(Y/N): Whatever you need.

Irene: May I join your peerage, you've done a lot for me. I need you by my side.

(Y/N): Are you sure?

Irene: Of course.

(Y/N): Then yes, you will be my piece.

You take out a bishop piece and give it to her, the old familiar glow emits signifying the job had been done. After this was done you put a hand on her shoulder to get her attention, it had been a long couple days. A true mental test for you and her.

(Y/N): Remember we are all here for you, we are a family. 

Lucille: Yep

Lucille runs up behinds her and hugs her, you could tell this made Irene happy. Quickly everyone else ran up as a huge group hug ensued. Even the earth golems joined in, to the best of their ability.

Anubis: Come to us for anything, alright?

Irene: *Teary-Eyed* Thanks everyone!

(Y/N): Welcome to the family, Irene.

▬ι══════ﺤ