Chapter 11

We drove to the DX so Dally could talk to Sodapop. 

"Hey, Soda. Hey Steve." Dally said. 

"Hey." Sodapop saw me. 

"How are you too lovebirds doing?" he said laughing nudging Dally on the arm. 

"Good." I said. Dally smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Don't go making me feel like a third wheel now." Sodapop said. 

"Soda I need to talk to you." Dally said. Soda nodded and they went to the back. 

"Ariana, why don't I show you how to fix this car engine?" Steve said. I shrugged. 

"Sure, why not." I said. Steve looked really happy. I was glad. Man, Dally sure can talk for a long time. Steve blabbed on and on about the car. I was listening, but not that much. I saw Sodapop and Dally walking over to me. 

"Alright, Ariana. How bout we hit the road." Dally said putting his hand on my shoulder. 

"Okay." I said. I was relieved I didn't have to hear about Steve's cars anymore. I like Steve, but cars aren't my thing. Dally and I got in the car and we drove to the Curtis' house. We walked in the door and Ponyboy and Johnny were playing poker. 

"Hey guys." Ponyboy said. 

"Hey." I said. 

"Alright, kids. Wrap up the game and get ready. We're going out." Dally said. They did what Dally had told them and I sat on the couch. Dally lit a cigarette. Pony and Johnny walked in the room. 

"You ready?" Dally asked. 

"Yep." Pony said. 

"Okay, lets go. Johnny you ride with your sister. Pony you come with me." Dally said. I looked at Johnny and put my arm around him. We walked out to my car. We sat down in the car and I waited for Dally to pull out. 

"So, how's mom?" I asked. It weird to think of that woman as my mother. 

"She's okay I guess. She hasn't been talking to me much." Johnny said. I started driving. 

"Hey, Johnny can I ask you something?" I said. 

"Sure." he said. 

"If I were to move to Tulsa. Would you want to come live with me?" I asked. He looked down at his feet. 

"What's wrong?" I said. 

"Nothing. I just..." Johnny was starting to cry. I could tell. 

"Johnny don't cry. Tell me what's wrong."

 "I'm not crying! It's just I never knew that there would ever be someone in my family that actually loves me." I hugged him with my free arm and rubbed his head. 

"I do love you, Johnny." I said. 

"I know. I love you too." he said. Johnny was my only brother. I had to love him. Even if we had only just met, he was a part of me. Johnny had a big grin on his face. 

"Where are we going?" he asked.

 "I have no idea. I'm just following Dallas." I said. 

"Okay, now can I ask you something?" Johnny said. 

"Shoot." I said. 

"Do you and Dally like each other? Like you know, are you dating?" Johnny asked. I laughed. 

"Yeah I like Dally. He's really sweet to me." Johnny sighed. 

"What?" I asked. 

"I've never dated anyone before. Maybe my mother is right. No one will ever want to be with me." I gasped.