Chapter Six: AeTeRnUm

Just need to get through a little more. Sorry for the inconv <DON'T TRUST HIm> Ignore the other writer please. ®® ®® ®® ®® ®®. <I neED To SaY ThAT ShE Is DeAD> I don't understand this issue. <P> <O> <V> <ArTifIcIaL> I aM tRyInG tO sAy. The story will in fact continue. nO. There we go. 01-17

I stepped into Isa's secret room slowly. It was very dark. I searched for a light switch and found one. The room lit up to reveal another desk. This one was ancient. Spider webs covered it and the floor. This place had not been opened in years. It smelled moldy. I noticed at once that a blue vial sat in the center of the desk. It looked lonely in the center of the desk. It was eerie in here. More eerie than anywhere else on this godforsaken estate. I heard shuffling from the coffin room. The ghost girl still hadn't let me alone. I grabbed the blue vial and put it in my pocket.

I turned towards the doorway but something stopped me. I turned and looked at the wall behind Isa's desk. The word incompatible caught my eye. I looked closer and saw the picture of a young girl clipped to a folder. Her face had been scribbled out in red marker. She was smiling in the picture and I didn't even recognize her because of that. I couldn't see her eyes but I could make out freckles on her cheeks and longer dark hair. She looked eleven or twelve years old.

I grabbed the folder off the wall, intrigued by it. I opened it and looked inside. A pile of neatly handwritten papers sat. It wasn't Isa's handwriting this time. It must be Kassidy's, I thought. I saw the word component X. Human Trial: AQVX prototype is not providing stable results on smaller subjects. Muscle development will cause heavy damage to the internal organs. Extreme cases imploded. Need bigger test subject. Perhaps larger body mass = larger resistance to component X.

My headache spiked. Tick. Tock. It was such a sudden spike that my head went into my hands and I fell to my knees. An intense dizziness overtook me. Stop... please. Tick. Tock. Leave me alone. The ghost girl had closed the secret door behind her as she entered the hidden office within the hidden office. I felt her presence overtake me and my hands began to shake. My nails clawed at my face as I slumped against the wall to the floor. She was standing over me. Her smile was more disconcerting than it was before. TICK. TOCK. Was this where she would at last kill me? Or would I simply lose my mind? I heard piano music. A sweet theme that flowed into my ears like honey. TICK. TOCK. Please stop. I just want you to leaveaveave mem alonenola. It'S tImE yOu KnOw WhAt HaPpEnEd, aLl ThOsE yEaRs AgO. ImPuDeNt BaStArD. KiLl YoUrSeLf, SwEeT jUlIa. TICK TOCK! TICK TOCK! TICK TOCK! TICK TOCK! WHY THIS COUNTDOWN! Go To HeLl, LiTtLe JuLiA.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME!" I screamed. "YOU DON'T! PLEASE DON'T! PLEASE! I BEG YOU!" I shrank back against the wall and began to weep. My brain kept time as she approached. I saw blood oozing from those places where her arms were broken. A black liquid poured from her open mouth. As she spoke it sprayed me. Her yellow eyes popped.

"StOrY tImE," she said. "StOrY tImE. Do YoU lIkE sToRiEs JuLiA?"

"I DON'T LIKE STORIES! I BEG YOU! PLEASE! LEAVE ME!"

"ShUt Up, ScUm!"

"I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry..."

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. God, I just wanted this timer to end. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The world faded to black. Thank you...

July 4th 1994 12:35 pm

"Happy Independence Day!" I shouted happily to Isa. She was watching the ocean again. I didn't get to go and talk to her like normal. I had a friend over for the weekend so she would understand. Isa had decided to let me have a special guest for this weekend. I was so thankful, even though I didn't know why. Her and I found a lot of ribbon in the attic. We got a little wrapped up in it. No pun intended. We decked ourselves with patriotic decoration and were now modeling our bows and accessories in red, white and blue.