"I want to go home," Jennie said, "this bed sucks.  I just want to be comfortable in my own space."

"I get that Jennie," Lisa said, "but it's best that they at least get the pain and the side effects of the meds under control before you get out of here."

"Sweetie, patience has never been your strongpoint," Minzy said to Jennie, "but you are going to have summon all that you have to get through this recovery."

Just then the doctor came through the door.   He greeted everyone and told the group that he would need to examine Jennie.  Jennie asked if it was okay for Jisoo to stay and he agreed.  The rest of the group headed out to the hall to wait.

"Minzy," Lisa said quietly.  She paused for a moment looking like she was not sure what she wanted to say next.

"I need some coffee," Daesung said, "Chaeyoung, walk with me to the coffee shop on the first floor and we'll bring some back for everyone?"

"Yes, of course," Chaeyoung said, thankful that Daesung was sensitive enough to see that Lisa and Minzy needed a moment alone.  The two of them headed toward the elevators.

Lisa and Minzy walked over to a small seating area at the end of the hall and sat next to each other on the couch.  Lisa still seemed to be mulling over what to say.

"Lisa, you don't need to say anything," Minzy said tenderly, "I know it just slipped out.  I don't expect you to suddenly start calling me mom, but I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't touched that you said it."

"Gosh, it's been an emotional couple of days," Lisa said taking in a deep breath.

"It certainly has," Minzy said taking Lisa's hand in hers and giving her a soft smile.

"Jennie getting hurt so badly really scared me," Lisa said, "I mean really.  It shook me to a place I haven't been in a very long time.  I'm so thankful for Chaeyoung.  Last night was the first time we were really together, you know, as a couple."

Lisa paused and Minzy laughed.

"So you two finally slept together is what you're trying desperately not to say," Minzy said grinning.

"I don't walk to talk about my sex life with you," Lisa said laughing a bit then turning serious and getting teary eyed.

"What is it, dear?" Minzy asked.

"I don't want to talk about it with you," Lisa said so softly that Minzy leaned in closer, "because you are my mom.  And that makes me feel so safe and so loved but it also makes me feel sad.  And I'm sorry about that."

"Lisa, look at me," Minzy said, turning toward her, "Don't ever apologize to me for missing your parents, especially your mother.  I know good and well that I will never replace your mom, and I would never even try to do that.  But I can love you every bit as much as I love Jennie.  I can love you like a daughter."

Lisa hugged Minzy tightly, "You are a mom to me, Minzy.  I don't know what I would do without you."

They both wiped away tears.

"Will it bother you if I still call you Minzy mostly?" Lisa asked, "I mean, it's what I'm used to calling you."

"Of course not, dear," Minzy answered, "We both know how we feel about each other and the words really don't matter.  If you call me mom sometime again we won't make a big deal out of it either, ok?"

"That sounds perfect," Lisa said just as Daesung and Chaeyoung rounded the corner with coffees for everyone.

The door to Jennie's room opened up and Jisoo motioned for everyone to come back in.  The doctor was writing on his chart.  Jennie looked clearly uncomfortable after having her wound checked.  Minzy immediately walked over and rubbed her shoulder softly.