#19|planning the fresher's party

I was applying the lip balm over my chapped lips when my eyes landed on my knee bruise

I was applying the lip balm over my chapped lips when my eyes landed on my knee bruise. I kept the lip balm aside and glanced at the bruise worriedly. I failed to remember when exactly I had hit my knee so badly.

There were many more bruises on my thighs. I grumped out of frustration. Appu had got me some cream that would help the bruises to fade away after a regular use. But I had hardly applied the cream for a three to four days.

"I should apply the cream everyday from now on," I muttered to myself.

I had worn a black bib overalls that was above my knees. Inside the bib I wore a plain white ribbed tee. I was planning on to wear the boots Ved had gifted me since the whether was all clear. I had even checked with the whether on my phone, and it showed sunny for the entire day.

I brushed my hair properly, making sure that I broke all the knots. My hair is long and voluminous but can be really unmanageable at times. I prefer tying them up either into a dutch braid or a bun. Since I had not much time left, I tied a ponytail and pulled out considerable amount of hair from the sides of my ears immediately. I had gotten used to the bangs and they suited my face shape. Pulling the backpack over my shoulders, I headed downstairs.

Atharv and our food discussing group were going to meet on the college ground to discuss the menu for the upcoming freshers party. I had informed Ryan about the same and he said he would join us with his friends.

"What's for breakfast?" I looked at my mother.

"Looks like we aren't getting anything today," Appu chuckled.

I turned to look at my father. He scratched his head and glanced at the gas. Though my father was more good at cooking than my mother, he would often get stuck in deciding what to make.

"No need of making some exotic breakfast. Poha will do," Appu shouted at him.

I passed a chuckle and smacked Appu's palm as she held it out for a hifi.

"I hope you're not getting late Appu!" my father asked.

"No I'm not, I still have an hour." Appu replied to him.

The bell door rang. My mother cocked her head at me and so did Appu.

"I had opened the door last night when Ved came. It's your turn now," I crooked my finger at Appu.

"I opened the door early in the morning, so it's your turn."

"You are a liar," I argued.

"You are smaller than me," she always does that.

What's my fault that she is elder to me? I grumped and rose from my seat to open the door.

It was some courier boy with a parcel. That's one of my nightmares, to attend a courier man. He handed me a huge box that was pretty heavy. I kept it on the table beside and signed on the column he asked me to.