#4|appu gets a job

I paused

I paused. Armaan was my ex-boyfriend whom I dated for over two years and later learnt that he is gay. No one except me and Atharv knew about it, as he was present there when Armaan told me about him been struggling to accept that he is gay.

I never had any incident where he behaved like a gay. I felt helpless at that moment not exactly knowing how to show my disgust.

Armaan was a studious student, who never missed any lecture and got good grades. Atharv and I had never noticed him until he asked me out in eleventh grade. I denied. When I told Atharv about it, he got me convinced to date Armaan so that he can put a proxy on mine and Atharv's attendance so that we both can bunk classes without fearing about being in the defaulters' list.

But as the months passed, I started to like Armaan. He was too good with me to be true, but he was. I had started taking him and the relationship seriously when he came up to me and told his secret. Who had imagined Armaan coming up to me one day and confessing that he is gay? I felt betrayed.

"Ask," I replied.

"Are you planning to tell Appu about him?"

I shook my head. Though initially I was not comfortable and had hatred for Armaan, later when my father spoke to me, I accepted Armaan. I supported Armaan and his decision of keeping it as a secret. He is a really good friend of mine and I couldn't break the promise I had made to him, of not disclosing his secret to anyone.

"Why did you ask about him all of a sudden?"

"I was just curious,"

"I am telling nobody and so are you. Or else I would-"

"You would break my bones, I know. You have warned me like thousand times," he cut me off.

I was done applying the antiseptic on his knuckles and wrapped the bandage around his hand.

"Let's have pavbhaji?"

"Ved didn't give me pocket money yet and I'm running out of money. And you have to save your saved money for your bills," I reminded him.

"I can use a small amount from my saved-saved money and about the bills, I am going to pay it tomorrow," he argued.

"Okay fine, we'll have it after your first aid." I threw my arms up in the air, giving up on him.

"Dhvani, I totally forgot about one thing. Remember you had asked me to talk to my sister about your script thing? I asked her for suggestions and she recommended a few publishing house names."

"That's great. I'll talk to my father and select the publishing house."

"Anyways, who are in the cricket team this year?" I asked, curious to know if Ryan was a part of the team.

Atharv had told me earlier that the coach and management would declare the new cricket team soon. As I told before, Ryan was not the best player of the team so I was curious to know if he was still in the team or removed.