"So, what about this date or not a date thing with Chaeyoung tomorrow?" Jennie asked.

"It's not a date," Lisa said, "I told you what happened with the guy at the restaurant.  Chaeyoung felt bad and sent flowers apologizing and asking to see me so I brought her lunch and she offered to show me around the city bit."

"What kind of flowers?" Jennie asked.

"Yellow roses," Lisa said, shaking her head at Jennie like she was crazy.

"How many?" Jennie asked.

"I didn't count them," Lisa said.

"A dozen?" Jennie asked.

"I don't know," Lisa answered.

"Two dozen?" Jennie teased.

"Ok, a lot," Jennie said, "A bunch of dozens.  But she's like a billionaire so I don't think that means anything.  Look, just tell me what you know.  Does she think it's a date?"

"No," Jennie said laughing, "Jisoo gave her grief after the flowers and cards because she is just as much of a useless gay as you are.  Honestly, you are both hopeless."

"You see, it's just a couple of friends hanging out," Lisa said, "You just can't accept it because you're on an orgasm high."

"You got that right," Jennie said laughing.  "Lisa, would you mind if it was a date?"

"Like I said, Jennie," Lisa said, "I'm not looking for a relationship right now.  I mean Chaeyoung is really beautiful and super nice and I do like being with her.  I guess I am kind of attracted to her but I need to concentrate on the restaurant right now."

"Sometimes stuff like this just happens," Jennie said, "I don't want to push you into a relationship but I think you should be open to the right person if they come along.  Part of the reason you left New York was to have a life."

"Well we are going out tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes," Lisa said.  "Did you already make a plan to see your girlfriend again?"

"I don't know if she is technically my girlfriend yet," Jennie said, "but we both agreed we didn't want to wait a whole week to see each other again.  I'll call her later."

"I'm really happy for you, Jennie," Lisa said, "I hope she turns out to be as wonderful as she seems."

"Me too," Jennie said.

•••

Chaeyoung walked into the lobby of Lisa's building to find her waiting downstairs.

"Hey there," Chaeyoung said.

"Hey," Lisa answered, "you're right on time. I just got down here."

"Great, you hungry?" Chaeyoung asked, "I figured we could start with lunch and go from there."

"Sounds good," Lisa said, "do you have a place in mind?"

"Yep," Chaeyoung said, "there is a place I like not far from here where we can start the day."

They walked a few blocks until they found themselves in a small Italian restaurant.  Right as they walked in an older man came from the kitchen and greeted Chaeyoung with a hug.

"Ah, Chaeyoung," he said, "It's so good to see you."

"It's always good to see you, Antonio," Lena said, "I want you to meet my friend, Lalisa Manoban."

Antonio shook Lisa's hand as he led them both to a table right near a window.  It opened up to a small patio in the back with a fountain.

"Wow, this is really beautiful," Lisa said, "It doesn't even feel like we are downtown anymore."