"Unbelievable," I mumbled.

"Now, I told you not to leave Amity," he glared at me, and I looked away.

He's not my dad.

We're not related.

For a long time I was worried that I would become like him, that I would be abusive to my future family like he was. I was terrified, I had always said I would never start a family because of it, that I would never get married.

All because I thought I had his blood.

I began walking away, walking back towards the dormitory, ignoring him shouting from behind me. But my hand is yanked back, and I'm turned around back to the wall. My head held against the wall by his elbow.

"Stop," I choked out, my airway being cut off.

"You know, I warned you, why are you so... Surprised?" he grinned, and I spit in his face.

I quickly lift my knee up and lift it up to where the sun doesn't shine, kicking as hard as I possibly can. His grip on my neck loosens and he falls down, clutching in between his legs, a pained look on his face.

"Hey sis- oh my God," Raelynn gasps, running over to me, tilting my head back a bit and I wince.

"Careful," I let out, and she immediately lets go.

"Sorry," she stares down at him, "did he try to..."

"Yeah..."

She kicked him, and I look over at her with wide eyes.

"How can a father be so abusive to his own-"

"He's not our dad," I said quietly, and she looked up with a shocked expression.

"What? But-"

"Their marriage was arranged," I let out a dry laugh.

"Oh," is all she said, "I'll um... Take him outside of headquarters,"

He's still clutching himself in pain, and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, suck it up, buttercup," that's what he would always so to us, crazy how the tables have turned.

What am I doing? I don't want to turn out like him.

I'm still standing the hallway, running my fingers gently over my neck, hoping it doesn't leave red marks when a tall figure is standing in front of me.

"Via?" It seems far away, "Liv,"

And I'm back into focus, staring into the piercing blue eyes that seem to be looking into my soul.

"Eric?" I mumbled, and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You alright there?"

"Mhm," the shock was... Well, shocking.

He's not my real father.

"I saw you talking to your dad," I nodded as he paused, "where was your mom?"

"She's factionless," I answered numbly.

"Oh," I nodded again, "how?"

"Wasn't very Amity," I scoffed remembering how it had happened.

People thought she had went nuts when she tried to explain that he was nuts. They didn't believe her, said she was 'breaking the peace' so they forced her out of the faction.

"Oh-" his words are cut off and he gently takes my neck in his hands.

"What're you-"

"Who did this?" He asked quietly, only it wasn't very calm, it seemed as though he was trying to control his... Anger? I guess?