Chapter Seven

I'm awoken by a door opening, revealing Raelynn, Alex, Zane, Reagan, and Naomi. Raelynn holding a tray with a muffin and some water, offering the tray to me which I gladly accept.

"Hey," I start, "Are they going to release me? They keep ignoring me..."

 "Yeah, we're bailing you out, hun," Zane says, a slight smirk on his face, and I gladly rip all of the stuff sticking out of my skin, which I probably shouldn't have, but oh well now.

"Okay, let's get out of this place," I say, downing the water and shoving the muffin in my mouth.

"Let's go! Also, we should probably start heading towards training," Alex says, and I nod my head.

"Yeah, probably," I begin, looking down at my bandaged hand, "How long was I out for?"

"Just a day," they all reply simultaneously.

"That's..." I look at the oddly, "Weird..."

"I know right?" Reagan looks at us all as if we had grown five heads.

"Well, this is where we depart," Raelynn smirks, and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, so hopefully I don't get myself killed today, see ya!" I say turning around and going into the training room, everyone else already there, Alex and Naomi following behind me.

"I said you were factionless," his eyes immediately snap to mine once I enter the room.

"And I said I wasn't factionless until the rankings come out and I'm below the red line, so boo freaking hoo," I say irritated, he stares at me for a few long and painful seconds before looking away.

"We're doing fights today!" Eric's voice roars, and I slightly flinch, it goes unnoticed thankfully.

"The first fight," Alex starts, gesturing towards the board, and I frown when I see I'm first, but I'm even more shocked when I realize I'm paired up with the easiest target.

"You've got to be kidding me," I mumble under my breath before stepping into the ring, I look over at Eric who has the same emotionless expression on his face as normal.

She, Ash, steps into the ring and attempts at looking intimidating, but she doesn't scare me. There are far greater things to be terrified of, and this girl from Abnegation is definitely not one of them.

She swings her fist and I quickly duck under her arm and punch her in the stomach, and she gasps in shock. I slightly regret it, I mean, she's an easy target, one of the easiest to beat. I let her get in a good punch to my face before knocking her out. I did it quickly, she should have chosen Amity, she suited Amity more than Dauntless, always too kind, never really wanted to hurt anyone. But we were done within a few minutes and I stepped out of the ring.

Naomi goes in second, and I cheer her on, but she's up against a slightly harder component. Their fight lasts significantly longer than mine and Ash's. I cheer her on each time she gets a good hit in, and encourage her to continue when she gets knocked down.

I decide to go over to Alex and asks the question that's been aggravating me to death since I got into that ring.

"Alex?" I ask as I tap him on the shoulder two times.

"Hm?" He questions before turning around, an eyebrow raised.

"Who chose the fights for today?" I question, and he looks over at the board.

"I didn't choose them, so I guess Eric did, why?" I send daggers towards Eric.

"First he says I'm factionless, then he puts me in a fight he knows I'll win," I mutter to myself, scowling at the ground, lost in thought.