Chapter Five

I wake up, luckily not being awoken by that awful sounding metal cup. I yawn and stretch a bit, soon realizing I still haven't made any transfer friends. I soon realize that when an Abnegation transfer sits down on my bed, offering me a warm smile which I return. 

"Hi, I'm Naomi," she starts, looking around a bit awkwardly.

"That's a pretty name, I'm Via," I answer, and she relaxes a bit before smiling back.

"Wanna go get some breakfast, maybe?" She asks a bit hesitantly, and I nod my head before we both stand up.

"Did you transfer from Abnegation?" I ask as we make our way towards the cafeteria, and she nods her head.

"Yeah, I don't think I saw you on the train, where were you?" She questions and I shrug my shoulders carelessly.

"I managed to get on the same train as the Dauntless-born," I answer to which she nods her head, "What time is it?"

"Um..." She looks down at the watch on her wrist, "It's elven-fifty-nine,"

"So then it's about lunch time, I guess," I answer, and she nods her head as we walk into the cafeteria, and I quickly grab some lunch, as does she.

"Where are we going to go sit?" She asks, and I look around before my eyes land on a certain table.

"Over there, some Dauntless-born and my sister," I answer as I confidently stride over to the table, sitting a bit closer to Raelynn so that Naomi can sit with us too.

"Who's this?" Reagan asks suspiciously, purposefully looking at the new girl.

"This is Noami, she transferred from Abnegation," I answer, taking a bit into my meal as they nod their heads, conversing as I eat my food.

"We're going to get tattoos tonight, wanna come with?" Zane asks, with an excited expression on his face, and I can't say no to it.

"Sure," I say hesitantly, "I don't know what I would get though..."

"Most people get their first on a butt cheek, it's the softest area," Zane grins causing me to roll my eyes.

"Um, I can deal with the pain," I answer before taking my tray to the tray thing that you throw your garbage into and they you place the tray on top

(A/N: I'm so tired, and I have slight writer's block so I'm just trying to write this sorry I know that didn't make sense haha)

"I heard you ruffled Eric's feathers yesterday," Raelynn says into her cup of water, giving me the side eye.

"Alex, I swear if you don't stop telling her all of this I'm going to-" He cuts me off slightly grinning.

"Get Eric upset and make you fight me again?" He says cheekily and I roll my eyes, sighing.

"Whatever," I answer, fiddling with my hands quietly.

"I can go get a tattoo with you all too, right?" Naomi asks nervously, and we all turn our hands towards her.

"Yeah, of course," we all said simultaneously, and I begin to think a bit about what I might get.

"I'm just saying though, Via, you really need to stop disrespecting the leaders," and she gives me this sort of look but I'm not quite sure as to what she's trying to tell me.

"But come on, it's so much fun!" I laugh sarcastically, "listen, I just can't hold it back, that's all,"

"Mhm, sure, go on and get your tattoos done," she shoos us off, and we all excitedly go to the tattoo parlor, only to be met with the devil.

"Oh, joy, look who it is!" Reagan clasps her hands in front of her sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes.

"Just walk on," I grumble, this is my day off, there isn't much I could possibly do to get myself kicked out of Dauntless though...

"Well look who it is," he says menacingly, and somehow my so-called friends have left me with the devil.

"Come to get a tattoo, baby doll?" He questions and I try to keep my cheeks from heating up at the nickname, it was slightly turning me on.

"Sure, now get out of my way so I can actually get one," I mutter trying to get him out of my way, but when I try to step behind him he steps the way I was going to, making me bump into him, causing me to growl slightly, "Eric,"

"Baby doll, I'm also a tattoo artist," he grins making me groan, "So what are you getting?"

"There's got to be another artist here," I look over his shoulder on my tiptoes to see if there was anyone else, but sadly there isn't.

"Nope, just me," he answers causing me to grit my teeth at his annoyingness.

"Whatever, fine," I answer before looking at some of the canvases, "Can you do sayings?"

"Sure, whatever you want," he answers, causing me to slightly roll my eyes, I see a broken heart, and I pick it up gently.

"Could I get this one too and eventually get it filled in so that it isn't broken?" I question, and he looks up from the computer he's sitting on, he looks at the canvas confusedly but eventually nods his head.

"Yeah, it can't be that hard, right?" He mumbles the last part more to himself.

"Uh, do you know for sure if it can be done?" I mean, this is permanent ink we're talking about.

"Yes, I'm sure," he says exasperatedly, "I was just joking,"

"Okay..." I murmur quietly.

"Alright, you ready?" He asks, setting up his station as I sit down in the chair.

"Okay, so I want a broken heart on the inside of my right wrist-" I hold up said wrist- "and in the inside of my left wrist, I want courage, a line under courage, and fear under that line-" I clumsily draw it out onto my hand, "as in courage over fear, can you do that?"

"Yeah, that's really smart actually..." He murmurs, getting the machine ready, "but you are aware this is one of, if not the most, painful area on your body to get this done,"

"I've felt worse," I shrug my shoulders, trying to not show a whole lot of emotion, he just hums in reply, not really thinking about it I assume.

"Mind telling me what could be that worse?" He questions, and I roll my eyes.

"Why do you care?" He's quiet, "Well, hanging over the Chasm for one but I mean..."

"You got over the Chasm quite easily, and you almost fell over the Ferris wheel, yeah, but you got yourself over that too," he says quietly, and I look at him oddly before leaving it be.