His heart sunk when he looked around the room, noticing there were no signs that anyone ever bothered to pay him a visit. What made him even more sad was when he saw his phone lying on the bedside table, the male unlocked it, only to see that there were no calls nor messages. It was as if everyone had forgotten his mere existence.

The thought, how he even ended up in a hospital with a throbbing headache and pain all over his entire body didn't even once cross his mind because he was now looking for the first thing - or rather person - he thought of, as soon as he came to his senses.

As soon as he was about to turn the door knob, it was twisted by someone else who seemed to have the same idea on the other side, suprising Baekhyun as he almost fell when the door flung open.

"Oh god, I-I'm so sorry... Let me help you," the nurse quickly put the tray she was holding away, hurried towards him and awkwardly supported him by his arm so he could maintain his balance.

"It's fine. Have you seen Chanyeol around here?"

The female nurse stared at him dumbfounded as she slowly let go of Baekhyun.

"He's...uh...my boyfriend. He's quite tall with black hair and...right! He has these unique ears," Baekhyun smiled at the image of his beloved one in his imaginary with the nurse staring at him, still confused.

"No, I don't think so. The only visitor who came by frequently was someone who claimed to be your brother..."Baekhyun's face instantly fell which went unnoticed by the nurse as she just continued. "Would you like us to contact your family now that you have woken up?"

"Ye- Wait. What do you mean that now I have woken up? How long have I been here?" Suddenly all the question he had pushed aside earlier came back and were flooding his mind.

"Oh. You can't recall?" Seems like he has amnesia, the nurse silently noted. "You were involved in a pretty bad traffic collision which had caused you to fall into a coma for roughly one and a half year," the nurse explained as she headed towards the tray she previously left on a table. Baekhyun stared at her with his eyes widened, unable to process the information.

The caregiver turned around and handed him a pill along with a glass of water which the male hesitantly accepted as she added, "You're really lucky to have survived the accident. It was quite a close one."

Baekhyun just hummed in response as he swallowed the medicine and gulped down half of the glass of water in one go.

"By the way, my name is Taeyeon and I'm assigned to take care of you. So, how are you feeling, Mr Byun?" the nurse asked, her gaze focused on the clipboard she was now holding as she seemed to be writing something down.

Unconsciously he started feeling anger slowly building up inside him as well as an overwhelming feeling of sadness, not knowing the reason behind this sudden rollercoaster of emotions, but he managed to cover everything up with a simple smile.

"Sorry, but why are you adressing me as Mr Byun?"

Taeyeon gave him a confused look before she flipped through the papers that were attached to the clipboard. "Well, according to the papers, your name is Byun Baekhyun, born on May 6th, 1992 in Bucheon, South Korea-"

Byun Baekhyun ... May 6th ... Bucheon... the male repeated the information which were new to him in his mind as if he was going to forget them in the next second.

"I-Is something wrong? Are-"

"Please adress me as Baekhyun then." The female going by the name Taeyeon looked up in suprise and stared at him for a moment before she nodded as she diverted her gaze again.

After Baekhyun told the nurse (almost) everything about how he felt and the throbbing headache that was still bothering him a lot, she asked him a few more questions which the male absentmindedly answered before she retreated back to where she came from.

But before Taeyeon could leave the room, Baekhyun suddenly spoke up, less in his thoughts this time.

"When was the last time my brother visited?"

The female lightly scratched the side of her head as she tried to remember. "I think the last time he visited was ... about half a year ago ... which is rather weird now that I think about it because he used to come here every week at the same time. But he stopped after doing it for a whole year."

"Oh. Alright, thanks." Baekhyun bid her goodbye as she waved at him before she disappeared behind the door.

The whole room fell silent as soon as the male was on his own again, deep in his thoughts and staring into nothing.

Although he now had more questions then before, his mind being filled with all kinds of unanswered questions and thoughts, there was one thing that never left his mind since he woke up.

Chanyeol.

*・゚:*・゚:*.*:・゚✧.: *・゚: .

a/n

that's it for the first chapter c:
(i'm not satisfied with it but eh)

please support this story if you liked it, i'd appreciate it a lot! mwah <3

ok i'm being too cringey sorry skdnndn it's time for me to leave xx