Dari Cross part two

The next time I wake I'm in a car. Thunder rumbles in the distance, like a retreating pack of wolves. The sun slowly crawls over the horizon. Through the fall trees it rises into the sky. That's when I remember. My mother was gone. I reach up to my neck line and run the tiny silver chain through my fingers. I'm fairly dry from the thunderstorm, as is my hair. I glance at the driver. My mothers death wasn't the only thing I remembered. "Who said you could knock me out and kidnap me?! I have no idea how you did that, but still? You drag me to this car and speed off like some criminal. You have to stop for gas and when you do I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs and..." 

"I saved your life. If you have a problem with that then get out," 

He pulls over and gets out of the car. I open my door and step out into the cool morning air. "You have no where else to go. You really want to go to an orphanage? Even if you did you cant run away from them. Not on your own. This is your only option, Dari. I'm your only option. I know how to run. Trust me. This is the only way," 

"I don't even know you. And who is they? And for one how do you know my name?"  

He frowns and looks around, "They is the government and I know your name because it was on a list..."  

He pulls out a piece of paper and shows it to me. On the thin sheet are eight names. Mine is the seventh. I hand it back to him,"So," 

He pulls up his sleeve and shows me a black tattoo. It almost looks like a tiny galixcy except for eight tiny dots. Four on one side and four on the other. "I'm on that list like you," he says calmly. 

He grabs my left arm, "Please don't make me pass out again," 

He smiles and points at my arm. The same symbols there. "Woah...I don't have a tattoo! Did you do this when I was knocked out?!"  

"Its not a tattoo, it appears when one of us are close to each other. The government made us like this and are now disposing of us one by one. Do you understand me now. They will kill you,"  

I nod slowly. This was the only way. He opens my door and lets me in. He then walks to his side and starts the car. A few minutes down the road I speak, "who are you?"  

"Logan Pierce," he says glancing over at me.  

"Is that your real name or an assailant"  

He smiles, "Its my real name," 

"Where are we going?" I ask.  

"To the next motel for now. I need to think,"  

And so the next city we come upon Logan got a motel room. The room was small, musty, and probably had bed bugs. I sit on the bed and turn on the crapy old television set. There were only five channels, so I stuck to the local news channel. An anchor woman stood some where near woods. Outside my house.  

Earlier this morning police find a woman shot to death in her own home. She was found when her boss reported her late for work. He says that Mrs. Cross was never a second late and began to worry when hours past without her showing. The shooter was found dead at the scene as well. Detectives are working the case and have reported that Mrs. Cross had a seventeen year old daughter. Her name is Dari. In the corner of the screen they show a picture of me smiling like a care free person. My brown hair was curled that day for the school picture. My gray eyes smiling. I had no idea what was to come. She was never found at the scene, but police have found two tracks of foot prints that go all the way to the road. Police have not made a statement, but as soon as they do you'll know from us. 

The T.V. screen goes dark in a flash. "You won't gain anything from watching that," Logan says quietly.  

I lean back on the bed and try to relax. My thoughts are restless, but my body exhausted. My mind gives way and I sleep.