#16|ignoring ryan once again

Mulai dari awal

Like obviously by now Ryan would have realised that his beloved phone was not with him and hence he was calling from his friend's phone. Not wasting any more seconds, I immediately switched off his phone before Rohan would call again. I sighed a relief, the phone was not less than a terror for me.

It was Appu's turn to make breakfast. She was getting late for her work, so she decided to give us the cereals. I never have cereals with milk. So I just ate the cereals dry and later drank a glass of juice.

I reached the college a bit late. I headed towards my classroom, while Atharv headed towards his. We both had just one subject different, the rest were similar and so we shared the same lectures. I hated attending the lecture as I had to sit alone in one corner throughout the lecture.

Just as I headed towards my classroom, I noticed Ryan standing outside. I didn't want him to notice my weird facial expressions, that would make him get suspicious over me. Before he could speak anything, I directly headed inside ignoring him. The lecturer was busy writing something on the board and least cared if anyone entered inside or left the classroom.

I got seated on the very last bench of the classroom, to not get caught by the lecturer while doodling over my book in the lecture. I unzipped my backpack and pulled out my book and a pen. I also removed the frooti from my bag pack to gulp it down. Love for frooti is phenomenal.

"You seriously didn't notice me or you were trying to ignore me?" I heard Ryan's voice from my side.

I instantly turned towards my right side and found Ryan sitting beside me on the same bench. I swallowed down the frooti that was still in my mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"You're not ignoring me," he shook his head and looked in front.

I pretended not to get bothered by his presence, but the truth was - my heart raced like hell. I tried to calm down, and not fiddle my fingers that he would notice.

I sensed him extending his hand towards me. Why did he want to grab my hand? I slapped his hand. In return, he slapped the back of my palm.

He extended his hand back towards me again and grabbed away the frooti I'd held. I cocked my head at him with a questioning look - why did he take my drink?

He gulped the frooti, his lips touching the bottle. I wished I could tell him that I hate when someone transfers their germs into my bottle.

"This thing isn't that bad,"

I shook my head vehemently and looked at the board, that had something written on in an alien language. I never liked studying Economics, and neither liked the professors.

It then struck me that Economics lecture was going on. I cocked my head back at Ryan, who stared at the board like he didn't understand either - obviously how would he? He was not an Economics student and was still sitting for the lecture with me.

"You don't study arts, Ryan. Why are you even here?" I whispered.

He cocked his head at me with a weird grin.

"How do you know?" he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, trying to find an excuse. How would I tell him that I was his stalker for the past fifteen years and that I'd read his timetable?

"We never share classes together," I answered.

"Oh," he propped his chin on the bench.

He pulled the book over his side and opened it. Okay, keeping my partial hatred for him at a side, can I admit that he looked really cute? His hair was messy like every other day in which I wished I could move my fingers in. It was my childhood fantasy to look at how Ryan's hair feels like. I stared at him, with a grin on my face while he scribbled something on my book. He pushed the book back at my side, snapping me out of the adoring session I was having.

I read what he'd written on my book,
We're going for a movie after the break. What seats would you like?

If only he knew that he cannot blackmail me anymore since his phone was with me. I chuckled silently, not enough audible for him. Without responding to him, I started with my art work on the book.

"Dhvani, reply me." he murmured, while I pretended not to hear him.

"Dhvani," he whispered once again, slamming his palm lightly on the bench.

"Are you deaf?" he groaned while I continued with my doodling.

"God damn, Dhvani," he groaned once again, poking my stomach with his finger.

"Ow," I giggled as it tickled me, but still didn't look at him.

"Don't forget that I still have your video,"

"Like seriously," I muttered.

"Dhvani," he whispered a little louder.

I felt constant taps on the side of my shoe that honestly made me mad.

"Stop it," I grumbled at him, before rising from my seat.

Grabbing all my belongings and putting them in my bag, I stormed out of the classroom. I didn't sense Ryan, following right behind me and leaving the classroom along with me. It was only when he pulled me back by my wrist when I realized.

"What is wrong with you?" he growled, his icy glare on me.

"I will not come with you for the movie henceforth,"

"Would I know why?" he asked me frustrated.

"I don't find replying you necessary. And don't try to blackmail me with that video again," I spoke harshly, releasing my hand from his.

The confidence level in me was boosted to a whole new level, and I realized it as I walked away. I felt proud but also bad that I was harsh to Ryan. No matter what, I liked him since my kindergarten days. I needed more time to completely get him removed from my heart.

It was Rakshabandhan the next day and I had not made a card for Ved. As a child, I loved making cards for everyone. I would make Rakshabandhan card for Ved every year. I also had made birthday cards for Ryan which I could never give him.

The greeting card supplies were in my stationery cupboard. I removed the sketch pens, glitter pens and the paper. I was not expert at making the cards, but whatever I made looked decent enough. While I coloured the card I wondered what would Ved gift me.

A/N -
Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter ❤️