1.2// Vices and Virtues

Comincia dall'inizio

Ashton respectively kept his hands at his sides, and let Melody carry on. He had bent his knees, to make it a little bit easier for her.

"And we were kind of like this," Melody said quietly, since she was talking right next to his ear.

"Mhm," he mumbled. Melody started to pull away, but his hands moved to the small of her back to keep her in place.

"Ash-" Melody started to say, but was cut off.

"Awesome!" Luke yelled, he was a bit further down the hall but was closing in on them quickly. Melody pushed herself away from Ashton, and stared at Luke who was angrily stomping down the hallway. Instead of coming at Melody he'd gone straight to Ash. "What the fuck was that," he seethed.

Luke was pissed, he knew something like this was going to happen eventually. They had been taking way too long to be at the bathroom, so he let his curiosity get to him. He was mad that Melody had lied to him about her and Ashton being nothing, because this clearly was something.

Luke's mind was racing, he was thinking about how Melody had probably spent the last week with Ashton. That was probably the reason why she wasn't talking to him, she was too busy with her new boyfriend. He was having a hard time figuring out what he was feeling. He did know that this was not the friendship jealousy that he had convinced himself that he felt when it came to Mel. This was full fledged kind of crazy jealousy that you felt when your girlfriend was getting hit on by another guy.  

"Nothing, calm down," Ashton sighed, pushing Luke away from him.

"How was that nothing?" Luke snorted, gesturing wildly between Ashton and Melody.

"I just told you how, it was nothing. You need to stop over reacting," he said in a clipped tone. "Why are you getting so worked up about this?" Ashton countered. Luke looked stunned for a minute, but quickly regained the same angry look that was on his face as before.

"Because you're lying to me," he deadpanned. He hadn't even looked at Melody, who had been standing off to the side observing the argument. Had Ashton planned for this to happen?

"When you did it, it was nothing. Why would Ashton be lying if he said that was nothing, too?" Melody spoke up. Luke paled, and averted his eyes to the ground. "Exactly," Melody sighed, and started to walk back into the cafeteria.

"Mel," Luke said quietly, and reached his hand out to catch her arm. She pulled her arm away from him, but turned to face him. She crossed her arms, and waited for him to say something. "Can we talk?"

"Dunno, can we?" Melody asked, rolling her eyes at him. Luke slid a hand down his face, and sighed.

"Um, I'm really sorry for making things weird," he started.

"Yeah," Melody nodded.

"I thought you were mad at me, or something," he shrugged, "so I just left you alone."

"Why would I be mad at you?" She asked, confused. There wasn't really anything for her to be mad about other than him ignoring her for the past week.

Luke shrugged, and looked down at his feet.

"I like talking things out when there's a problem, ignoring things doesn't do anyone any good," Mel told Luke.

"I just, I don't know," Luke sighed, and scratched the back of his neck.

"What?" Mel questioned. Luke shook his head, and sighed again. "You can't start saying something and then just stop, it's rude, Lucas."

Luke's eyes lit up when she called him Lucas, even though he hated the name it was nice to hear her talking to him like that again.