12

PoV: Sonic

"This is you're idea of cheering me up?" I didn't know what they were thinking.

  We were at an arcade. Pizza on the floor, kids running everywhere. Gum stuck to everything.

"Come on, you've got to have a childhood game or two where," Scourge said, "like... Mutant Ninja Teenagers or Mushroom Plumber."

"I've never really played in an arcade. I've been working, or looking for work," I wasn't comfortable here at all.

"Didn't you have a childhood?" Scourge asked.

"Not really. I used to run around for fun. That was about it," I picked up a token someone dropped.

"Cool, free token."

"What do I even do here?" I looked at all the games.

"You put in money," he turned the knob, "and you get tokens."

"Okay," he poured the tokens into my hand.

"Then you take a token and put it in a game," he took me to the one called Mutan Ninja Teenagers, "And then you play."

  I watched him play for a while. A different game caught my eye. It was a glass box with little toys inside. One really caught my attention. It was a little blue sheep.

"Um... Scourge?" I hugged the back of his shirt.

"Shoot I died again," he sighed, "I'm better at Mushroom Plumber anyway. Did you need something?"

"How... how do you play that game?" I pointed to the glass box.

"That's just a claw game," he walked up to it, "You put a token in and use the joystick to move the claw. Then hit the button to pick up the toy. They're a lot harder than they look."

"Can I try?" I asked.

"Sure," he put a token in for me.

  I aimed for the sheep. I picked up its ear and it fell out of the claws grip before it even picked up.

"It fell," I didn't get the prize.

"Do you want that one?" He asked.

"It's fine. I just wanted to try it," I turned away, "You should go use your tokens. I'm no good at games so I'll just wait by the door."

"Okay?"

  I walked away and sat outside the doors of the arcade. I waited for him only for about five minutes.

"Scourge? Did you beat all the games already?" I asked.

"I lost all my tokens to one game actually. Let's just go someplace else," he took me around the block but nothing interesting was going on.

"Let's just go home. I can go search for some new jobs instead. I can't just stay unemployed," I started walking home.

  Scourge didn't say anything, I didn't mind, it was peaceful. We got home and I started a job search. I only stopped to make dinner and shower.

PoV: Silver