Chapter twelve - Dad

I sat on the floor with my head in my hands not knowing how to respond I feel a piece of the mug that I dropped on the floor dig into my leg.
A tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it off quickly. I get up and run to get my phone immediately calling my dad.
-
-
-
Nothing.
He didn't pick up. He must not have his phone at the hospital or maybe he lost it.
I grab a few things and start heading out the door to go to the hospital and then my doorbell rings.
I open it to see Alex and James standing in front of me.
Alex quickly embraces me.
I gripped his shirt and I couldn't help but cry for a minute.
"Everything is Fine it will work out okay." He says softly
"Promise?"
"I promise."
James gives me a hug and then we head to the hospital.
God my dad is probably worried or mad at me for not coming to the hospital earlier. I really hope he is okay. If he dies too I don't know what I would do.
My brain flips through emotions as we ride on the train.
We finally arrive at the stop and quickly head to the hospital no one was talking so it was just the sounds of a busy Monday.
Cars honked people chattered but it all mixed up in my head and I felt like I was about to explode if I didn't see my family soon.
Luckily we made it.
We checked in with the front desk and I was the only one allowed in my fathers room for the next hour since I was family.
I walked in slowly bracing myself for what he might look like
Scars? Blood?
No.
He wasn't happy but he only had a few cuts and a broken leg.
"Oh you are here finally I told the doctors to call you earlier none of them listen." He said sternly
"Dad it's fine I'm here now right?"
"Yes that's correct." He lifts his hand and sets it on my shoulder.
"But mom won't be."
The tears start falling again but this time I couldn't hold back I was in full sob mode.
I couldn't stop.
But my dad just let me he knew exactly what I was going through.
"(Y/n) maybe we should get our mind off things I didn't even know what you did this weekend after hanging out with Nina."
...
"Well the thing is...when I went to hang out with Nina and josh we actually met our downstairs neighbors who I always hated remember?"
"Yes you always complained out them. How did this come about?"
"Well Josh was friends with some of them so Nina talked me in to going over to their place and things kinda took off from that. So you met Alex didn't you?"
"Yeah the skinny one who always wears pink?"
"Well we are sortaaaa."
"Sorta what?"
"Seeing each other?!"
"Any why?"
"Well I like him."
He sighed and then laid back down.
"I never understood your taste in boys (y/n). He laughed a little"
God I thought he was gonna be mad.
"Don't worry he is here and you will meet him again."
I could feel my palms getting sweaty. (moms spaghetti)
I look at the clock it's now visiting hours.
"One second." I run out of the room and grab Alex's arm to then drag him into my dads room.
"Uh hi Mr (ur last name) I'm Alex."

-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N:
So I know this isn't what everyone wants but I didn't want it to totally ruin your life I mean maybe it will come into play more later when it hits u harder.
But anyways I didn't really wanna write something depressing rn so I took it a little lightheartedly.
Also sorry for the spelling/grammar mistakes it's 2:00 in the morning and I have a freaking early exam tomorrow lol.
Anyways bye thanks everyone who is reading /commenting/liking 1k now!!! :,) <33