🏮ᴾᴿᴼᴸᴼᴳᵁᴱ🏮

PART I

© 2019 BonbonLove All Rights Reserved

"My lord, what ails you?"

"Huang, I've had yet another restless night. It was that nightmare again.."

Bright red curtains were whisked aside as Emperor Houzhu made his entrance into his private office. His handsome face was clouded with distress, eyes dark from weeks of fatigue. Stalking into his office like a zombie, he collapsed on top of one of the many pillows strewn about and rubbed his sleepy, fiery eyes.

Eunuch Huang, the emperor's good friend and trusted servant followed the emperor into the office, speaking in hushed tones

Eunuch Huang, the emperor's good friend and trusted servant followed the emperor into the office, speaking in hushed tones. It could spell trouble if anyone knew about the emperor's affliction — especially one that made him appear so helpless and weak.

"My lord, do you mean the dream about the —-"

"The water emperor dragon, yes. Once again, I was lying on the battlefield. It felt like there was a river rushing through my body, like I was drowning on the inside...the water dragon stood over me, watching the life leave my body...I woke up in a cold sweat." Houzhu shuddered and wrapped his arms around his body as if to attempt to guard himself from the fear that rushed into him.

Huang's brow furrowed as he took a seat before the fire dragon emperor, "But how can this be troubling you now, my lord? You wiped out the entire water clan over a decade ago...the water emperor is dead, and there was no one who could have lived to succeed him."

Houzhu shook his head as if to clear his mind, expression softening, "That's right. I've defeated the enemy once and for all. I have no opponents in this world and.."

"You have nothing to be afraid of." Huang grinned at the emperor reassuringly, pleased to see his lord was relaxing already.

"You're right, Huang," Houzhu's eyes grew bright as the violent flames in them started to grow intensely.

"It was only a dream. Yes, there are no longer any water dragons in this world and I have no cause to be concerned 13 years after genocide." The corners of the emperor's mouth curled into a sinister smile, the flames in his eyes dancing rhythmically as he recalled the memory of how he'd tortured, stabbed, and burned the people of the Shui empire and their villages to the ground. Their cries of fear, pain, and grief still rang like a pleasant melody in his ears.

"Yes, my lord. You are most superior," Huang bowed as the emperor stood, "There is no one in this world who can match you in strength. One day, all of Crystal Arcadia shall bow to you."

"I feel rejuvenated," Houzhu stretched and straightened his back to take on a more regal posture, "I shall sleep soundly tonight."

"I will send for a relaxing tea to be delivered to your room before your rest, my lord."

"Yes, you do that. I'll be off to be dressed. My little princess will be having her coronation ceremony today and I must look presentable for such an occasion."

"It will be a grand ceremony, my lord! Her highness will be recognized by everyone in our kingdom as your successor."

"Yes," Houzhu began to walk out of his office area, once again whisking aside the curtains, "I will teach her everything I know about what it means to rule. She and I will one day conquer the world together."

"It has been decided by the stars, my lord."

"Where is she, anyways? Has she been given a bath and gotten dressed? The guests should be arriving at noon in just a few hours. She must look her finest. Nobles from across the Huo territory shall be coming to be apart of the ceremony."

"A-Apologies, my lord," Huang bowed his head when the emperor turned to glare at him, "Princess Lihua should be playing out in the garden right about now."