Softly

V's POV

Once I make sure the sneaky Pomeranian isn't doing something harmful, I return to Tzuyu. She'd looked fearful— bordering a state of panic— when I'd given a last glance as I left the room.

Maybe I shouldn't have left her alone.

But the assumption hardens when I see her lying on the bed, eyes closed and all the wrong positions and angles. She's breathing— a soft, beautiful sound that makes me believe that she's asleep.

But it wasn't like her to fall asleep just after she'd woken up. I'd understand if it was night, but this was early morning. The time and place didn't add up— and there was a growing panic in the back of my mind that never was a good sign.

"Tzuyu." I say, shaking her gently. Usually she'd awake if I did this— but today, she didn't even shift her body in protest. "Wake up."

When she still doesn't wake after I tickle the back of her ear, I know for a fact that something is wrong.

She'd fainted.

Panic overwhelms me, so sharp and powerful that it throws me a step back. My fingers tremble as I reach for the phone, messing up the simple three-number digit six times before I finally get it.

Then I hear someone knock on the door, and then a click as it opens without invitation.

"V?"

Jimin?

I quickly put them away at the back of my mind— my priority at the moment was Tzuyu. My fingers run over her forehead, checking for fever or any signs of sickness.

It was cool— too cool.

Maybe I was just hallucinating.

I shift my hands down to check her pulse, her heartbeat. To my relief, it was still beating steadily—but I noticed it was a lot softer than before. Blood drains from my face at the terrifying sign when the door behind me creaks open.

"V?" Jimin repeats, sticking his head through the door. When I look at him, I realize that Jungkook is with him as well.

The minute they get a look at my pale face and Tzuyu's limp body on the bed, urgency and shock replaces anything on their mind before they had come in.

"Noona? What's wrong?" Jungkook asks, eyes suddenly frantic as he glances at the unconscious girl.

"V. Tell me what happened. What's wrong with her?"

My heart is beating too fast and my eyes are too blurry with panic, but I detail the events as best as I can. Fear closes its grip around me as a million possibilities run through my mind.

None of them are good.

"She was fine until I had to leave to check on Yeontan— and it couldn't have taken more than a minute. When I came back, she was like this. I don't know— I don't understand." My voice grows shaky with confusion as I wrap my hand around her motionless wrist.

"Who's Yeontan?"

"The dog."

Jimin seems thoughtful for a moment before he places a hand on my shoulder. His face is lifted with a relieved smile, which makes me want to shout at him in rage.