Grief

"How in the world did you get here?" V asks, directing the question at me but fixing a murderous glare on Jungkook. Under his frightening gaze, Jungkook looks so helpless that I wave my hands in denial.

"I promise I forced him— Jungkook's
innocent, Tae."

"How did you get here?"

His voice is so cold that it makes me take a mental automatic step back. Trying to calm my rising nerves, I quickly stutter in return.

"I drove here."

His face immediately goes so pale that I  think he's going to pass out. The shock in his face is replaced with pure fury as he slams his hand down on the wooden table, which lets out such a shuddering noise that it's a wonder the antique furniture is still standing.

"You let her drive?!"

His roar is so loud that it brings others over— perfect. Absolutely perfect. More  people to watch us get scolded, including the one we stole the car from. Sorry— borrowed. Definitely borrowed.

"What's going on?" Jin asks, his eyebrows raised when he sees the two of us fidgeting in front of him. "And how did these two get here?"

"They drove your car, hyung." V hisses as he storms away, disappearing inside Room 251. His silhouette radiates such anger and rage that now, I kind of regret the decision I so hastily made.

"Well, did you get it damaged?"

When we shake our heads, his face melts into relaxation and sheer relief. "Great driving, Tzuyu. And don't be so judging at Tae— his mother just went through a cardiac arrest. She's in the operation room. He's just in a ton of stress right now— so please try not to tick him off anymore."

Cardiac arrest?!

My eyes go as wide as saucers as my fists clench in horror. Only a low percentage of people survived cardiac arrests— and the thought of that sweet lady going through a surgery made me sick to my stomach.

The adrenaline from the drive and the need to get here now completely fades away, leaving behind only an even more nauseated feeling and a lighter head. I can't believe how much the blood rush had faded the pain underneath.

"She needs hangover medicine and rest," Suga says, waving at me even though I hadn't even made any distinctive signs yet. "It's a wonder they both got here in one piece— so let's not push that any farther, shall we?"

"Wait! No— I'm fine." There was no absolute way I was going to rest— even V couldn't make me. "I need to c-check on V."

To my dismay, my last words come out slurred— barely comprehensible. Grimacing, I ignore Suga's raised eyebrow as I head towards the closed door of Room 251.

"V?"

He has his face covered entirely with his hands, hunched on the lone bed that adorns the dull room. The air around him emanates such sorrow and depression that I immediately hop onto the bed, tugging his body into my small arms.

It doesn't quite fit as mine does in his, but it somehow feels right as I tighten my hold. His back tenses underneath me as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"You should have not come."

He whispers, so breathless and soft that I nearly mistake it as a background noise. To my disappointment, he keeps his head firmly faced away from mine as he shifts in just the slightest motion.