Chap Two: The Best-Man.

I was panting when I woke up, the images of my dream were so vivid, it was very difficult to let go of them. In my dream I was attending Amber's wedding, walking behind her at the altar smiling and that's when the groom and his best man turned around.

And I fainted! I freaking fainted! Like, fell right at Amber's feet when I saw who the best-man was.

The best-man was Adrian!

It was such a shock to see him in the pink tuxedo. And then I burst out laughing at the absurdity of it all.

I got up and looked over at the watch, I was late, of course. Adrian would be there in some time! I hurriedly changed and walked over to my boutique.

And I waited.

And then waited and then some.

"This is it! I'm not waiting for him anymore." I muttered to myself as I was preparing to close down.

That arrogant man was supposed to meet me at 12a.m. and now it was 8p.m.

And what do I feel? I was bloody disappointed that I hadn't seen his face in the whole day!

I was crazy. Amber was getting to me and that was NOT good.

And I was so freaking ridiculously angry with him for that. I was really going to call Camille Harrison and tell her that I quit and won't design his tuxedo anywhere. I fished for my phone and dialled her number, she picked up in exact two rings and chirped,

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mrs. Camille, I'm Temperance, Mr. Adrian's designer and I'm sorry to tell you that I cannot design his tuxedo anymore..." She cut in.

"Why is that dear, is my son being naughty with you?!" Then she laughed at that thought.

"Um .. No, actually he was supposed to meet me today and he did not show up and I cannot really go further without his measurements because it ta..." Before I could finish, she cut in.

"Oh dear, that is not like Andy. Listen Temperance, May I call you Temperance? Yes, sweetheart I will just call him and scold him for not coming there today and he will definitely show up tomorrow." She assured me but I grunted.

"Look Mrs. Harrison I don't think....."

"Oh no dear, please don't say no." She pleaded and I sighed.

"All right Mrs. Harrison, do call and let me know." I said.

"Oh thank-you dear, you're such a cake." She said and hung up. I grunted in defeat, cake? Duh!

Half an hour later when I was almost home, Mrs. Harrison called me again.

"Hello Mrs. Harrison." I acknowledged with little irritation.

"Oh, do call me Camille, darling." She said sweetly but I sensed little agitation in her voice.

"Camille, what can I do for you now?"

"Uh .. dear actually I have been trying to reach Adrian for the past half an hour, but he is not picking up his phone and he lives in a very small house in a secluded area too and have no neighbours, I'm a little worried, would you please check him up ? You two live close-by." She asked me and I was shocked to hear the fear in her voice, her tone made me a little scared too.

"Are you sure he is home, not away?" I asked.

"Oh yes dear, please be a cake and do this favor for me? I'm in Washington at the moment or I would do this myself." She emphasized and worry was oozing out of her tone making me more scared.