~~~Denis~~~

(haha more sap hahaha kill me ahahahaha)

~Denis~

You twiddle your fingers as you wait for your date to come pick you up. You and him have been friends since you were in college, and then just a week ago he asked you out.

You're probably the most anxious and nervous person in the world right now. At least, thats what you thought. Denis is way more scared than you are.

He's had a crush on you ever since you two met, and his feelings have only grown through the years. Now hes so nervous, he had to ask you out over text. But he did hem and haw for what felt like a billion years over that text.

It was just a simple, "hey, Y/N, theres something you should know.. i have a bit of a crush on you.."

Also, "a bit of a crush"?!

A BIT?!

The man fluffin adores you.

AND ThE uNDErStatemENT OF THe yEAR AWArd gOes tO....

Anyway, the rest of the text was, "and I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me?"

Good lord he freaked out about that text forever before he sent it. Lots of indecision, a lot of aneurisms, and a lot of self-loathing. But then he sent it, and to his surprise and glee, you said yes!

And now, you wait not so patiently for his arrival, checking your hair and makeup every three seconds.

You constantly look in the mirror, thoughts racing through your anxious mind.

"Are my jeans okay? Should i go for a dress? Should I change my shirt? It looks funny.."

Okay, girl, plEASE DONT CHANGE YOUR SHIRT AGAIN OH MY GOSH. YOUVE CHANGED LIKE THIRTY TIMES ALREADY.

S T O P.

Suddenly, you hear a car pull up in your front drive. Your heartbeat quickens as you run to the window, seeing Denis step out of his Jeep.

You watch through the slit in the blinds as he walks up to your front door, having no idea you're watching.

He walks up to the door, but you dont hear a knock or a ring.

He did come up to the door.. right?

In reality, he was just second-guessing himself like crazy, reaching for the doorbell and then pulling back again, his heart beating out of his chest.

Finally he rings the bell, hopping a bit in impatience.

You run to the door, taking a moment to steady your breathing and to check yourself one more time in the mirror. Then, you open the door, smiling when your eyes meet his.

He smiles widely, greeting you with a "hi!" And a hug.

"Shall we?" He steps aside, making room for you to come out. You nod.

"We shall." You walk out, shutting the door behind you, then heading out with him beside you.

You get in on the passenger side, and he gets in the driver's seat. You were going to Starbucks, since for some reason you both are absolutely addicted to coffee. Plus, its a reminder to Denis of the day he fell for you.

It was back in your college days. You two were meeting at Starbucks to go over some notes for an upcoming test. You were study-buddies, and Starbucks was both of your favorite place to be.

"Hey!" You smiled, waving him over to your table. He grinned and walked over, notebook in hand and his backpack slung over his shoulder.

You talked about nothing and everything for a bit, and then ordered some coffee and food. You then got down to actually studying once your drinks and snacks arrived.

"Okay, so, according to this textbook, we-" you opened your notes and a textbook, starting to explain what needed doing.

He just kind of zoned out, staring at you and studying your features instead of computer science. The way your eyes sparkled when you smiled, your cute little "imperfections" that he found absolutely perfect, how your hair fell in your face, even your cute little nose that he just wanted to boop.

And then he noticed how passionate you were about what you were talking about, and how incredibly intelligent you were. He loved how you could just go on and on about the things you loved, even when others seemed to tire of it, he could just listen to you for hours.

He realized something that day, something he would never get over.

He loved you. More than anything, he adored you and that would never go away.

So now, as you walk into the Starbucks together, both of your hearts beat in sync.

And few hours later, you both walk out of the coffee shop, giggling about some inside joke.

"Hehe, I had a lot of fun today." You say sweetly, making his heart flutter.

"Heh... y-yeah, me too.. uhm..."

"There's something I wanna yell you-" you both say at the same time, and you laugh.

"Sorry, go ahead." He offers. You shake your head.

"No, no, you go."

"Well- I uh..." he takes a deep breath, readying himself to confess to you.

"There's something Ive wanted to tell you for about a year now.. uh... I-I... I like you. A lot. Well, more like love... you're kinda my everything. You mean way more to me than you could ever know, so... I just had to tell you. Im sorry if this makes you uncomfortable or if you need space or if you just want to stop talking to me I get it-"

"Denis, chill out. I love you too." You interrupt, giggling a little.

He immediately perks up. "Wait.. really?!"

"Yep!"

"Wow..."

You both stay in silence for a minute, until Denis speaks up.

"What now?"

"You kiss me, dummy."

"Oh, right, yeah, i knew that."

You and him laugh as he connects his lips to yours, encircling your waist with his arms.

You smile into it, knowing that now you have everything you could ever want.

You have love.

~~~

*yeets off a cliff*

*screams into the void* WHY DO I DO THIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSIDHDJKAOSUFEUIWOSDKDJ-

Dont mind me, just having a mental breakdown over the amount of fluff :)

*strOnk*

Anywho, hope you liked it! Remember to vote and comment, tell me what story i should do next! Also, follow me to be notified when I update this or any other fanfics I make!

Fetus out!

*rolls away*