the aftermath (2) / seven.

That did happen.

But before either of them had the chance to address the kiss any further, David had told Zane where Veronika was hiding and the latter was promptly present to pull Ronnie away from Jeff and back to the where everyone else was.

As they were all preparing to leave, Ronnie found Jeff again, too tired and (still) tipsy to care about who paid any attention to them. He was talking to Todd, back leaning against the bar as Veronika leaned against him and let her head rest against his chest. His arms were around her waist in a swift motion, holding her close to him, "You okay?" His voice was a gentle whisper against her ear.

Ronnie just nodded, muttering, "Just tired."

They left the club once David managed to round up everyone who had arrived with him, which honestly wasn't an easy task considering Zane was among those. Veronika, however, would have been fine for a little while longer; resting against Jeff's chest with his arms around her, definitely wasn't bad.

Once back at the car, everyone took their seats, Veronika going in last, considering she had to squeeze herself in between Jeff and Todd (since Zane refused to get in the back for some reason). Ronnie was just about to let herself fall back onto the leathery seats of David's Tesla, when Jeff's hands pulled her onto his lap, arms circling around her waist once more to hold her tightly against him, "Come home with me?"

Had it been anyone else, Veronika would have refused right away. She wasn't the type of girl to go home with a guy after.. whatever this was. But, for multiple reasons, Veronika was sure that Jeff's intentions weren't those kind of intentions. So, she nodded in response, leaning into him as his thumbs were drawing circles against her bare legs.

-----------------

authors note:

hey guys! i know this is short and sort of a filler chapter, but i wanted to give you an update regardless.

work has been busy the past two weeks, so my time has really been limited.

i hope you guys like it anyways!