the party (2) / five.

The car ride to the party was highly uneventful for vlog squad standards (which was fine with her) and Veronika quickly joined Natalie as soon as they all got out of the car. Given that Zane had provided her with enough alcohol to get her started, Ronnie was happy about having Natalie to lean on and hold her hand until they were all inside and she could lean onto some other things and people. 

-----------------

ronnieburton uploaded to her instagram story

-----------------

-----------------

Regardless of how tired Veronika was before they arrived, she was having a blast. She was dancing with Natalie and Carly, Zane dragged her along whenever he got shots, making sure she was getting the same amount of alcohol into her as he did and danced by herself on the small made up dancefloor until Jeff's hand found her lower back and gently guided her away.

Jeff and Veronika.. well, they hadn't moved beyond anything but a close friendship. Which was fine, but she couldn't deny that there was something pulling her towards him whenever they were all hanging out. Maybe they just clicked better than she did with the others? She just really, really liked being in his presence. So she didn't question it when he guided her towards a quiet area, away from all of the other drunk people. 

"You can't be doin' this all night." Jeff leaned over to her, speaking into her ear because of the loud music. His hand still resting on Ronnie's lower back as he spoke.

His words confused her, considering she'd been having fun all night so far, "I can't do what? Dance?" She laughed a little, not really knowing how to react because she was unsure of what he was referring to. 

"Dancin' like you were dancin'. You're looking way too good in your dress as it is." 

This was exactly what she meant; this pull towards him she felt with nobody else. He'd never actually said anything about it before, neither had she, but this just underlined everything she'd been feeling. "Why didn't you just dance with me then?"

Veronika leaned back against the wall, looking at him, studying his face with a small smile on her lips. She honestly could have said something to him too. Jeff was looking way too good tonight (he did every time she saw him but still) and he didn't even have to do anything. Every time she'd looked at him tonight, he'd been standing near Todd and looking at her too. 

"You know David would be right there with his camera." He shrugged a little at the end of his sentence, looking at her now too. They'd talked about this before; that they valued their privacy a lot, considering how little they really had whenever spending time with the group. Tonight was no different. David had been filming all night, having a laugh at the stupid shit Zane was doing. 

Veronika's hands found the outlining of the pouch on Jeff's hoodie, toying with it now and slightly pulling on the fabric for Jeff to come a little closer. Given how close they were already standing to each other, a little step was enough and Ronnie now had to look up to look at Jeff and both of his hands were resting on her hips now. Their conversation so far was brief, but her heart was pounding rapidly in her chest. 

She wasn't drunk, so she knew that their actions would have a whole lot of consequences whenever they were sober again. Sure, they hadn't done anything but some light flirting so far, but given how much tension surrounded them.. it wouldn't just stay like that. 

"What are you thinkin' about?" Jeff asked after Ronnie didn't say anything for a while. His words pulled her back into the moment and she smiled a little, shrugging her shoulders ever so lightly,

"The truth?" She questioned and he replied with a nod and curious look on his face. God, he looked way too god; smelled way too good, "I really want to kiss you."