the plan / two.

imessages

ronnie
so i had to watch the vlog 
you looked very pleased that i chose you over mike 😝
too pleased maybe?
and not at all surprised

jeff
what can i say?
i'm a catch
i'm just kidding, we over-exaggerate for the vlogs
i am happy you chose me over mike though

ronnie
yeah i figured you all had two personalities 
one for the vlogs and a real one
did you tell david that i hated it?

jeff

i did and he laughed
he also told me that you're welcome to come over to the house anytime
after i told him i got your number off camera

ronnie
i think it's time for some payback 😏

jeff
payback? 
i like the way you're thinking

ronnie
let me call you
we don't need physical evidence of this conversation

—————————————————

Jeff picked up after only a few rings, "Tell me about your masterplan." 

It didn't sound like Jeff was convinced Ronnie could come up with a good enough idea. He was completely skeptical, "Do you have any way of getting to that paintball gun?"

And so they started talking about how Veronika would get her revenge on David and how to get somebody to film the whole thing going down. Although Jeff was sure that there would be enough people willing to participate. 

At the end of their conversation, about two hours later, their conversation had shifted from David onto how they came to live in Los Angeles and Jeff asked more questions about Ronnie.

"What do you do when you're not going on Tinder dates?" The amusement in his voice was as clear as day.

"I'm a model," she laughed at her own words, "very lowkey though. I mainly work at an art gallery. It's enough to pay the bills and whatever I make as a model I get to spend. — What about you? How'd you get your start?" 

Now it was Jeff's turn to laugh, "Looks like ya did your research," There was a pause in between sentences, "obviously I used to be a barber in Staten Island and got my start on Vine."

"Is that why you came to L.A then? Vine?" It was something common, in her opinion. A lot of internet personalities made the move to either New York or Los Angeles to be surrounded by more Viners. It made sense, in a way. 

"Yeah." His answer was short and Veronika could tell that Jeff didn't really want to talk about it. It wasn't like Ronnie was stupid; she'd obviously done her research and knew that his ex-girlfriend Cierra lived in L.A. 

"Anyways, let's get back to planning.."

—————————————————

a couple of days later..

Dressed in black ripped jeans, a white loose fitting t-shirt and an oversized jean-jacket, Ronnie was waiting for Jeff outside of her apartment; he already knew where to go, after all. The plan was all set and apparently, Natalie, who is David's assistant, was on board with the plan and helped Jeff set it in motion.

After only a few minutes, the honking of a car horn brought her back to reality and notice a waving Jeff behind the wheel. 

"Hello again." Veronika greeted him as she slid into the car, buckling herself up. "Did you get it?"

Jeff gave her a look before pointing to the back seat where David's paintball gun rested on the fabric, "You've been on my ass about it all day. How would I forget?"

It was the first thing Veronika had done this morning. Paintball gun. Was the only thing she'd texted him. A good morning had only followed whenever he'd actually texted her back complaining about it.