#11|my best friend gives me a piggyback ride

Magsimula sa umpisa

I turned to face him. He looked drop dead gorgeous in his casual outfit. I always like the way Ryan gets dressed up, simple and casual and no flashy clothes.

"Hi," I smiled.

"How's the new member of your family doing?"

"Very well,"

I looked at Armaan, cursing for his time of arrival. I looked back at Ryan, hoping him to speak something.

But he smiled at Armaan and said, "Okay. I hope you enjoy the party,"

"Yeah,"

He left. I was glad that Ryan didn't notice my slippers.

"Hi," I smiled at Armaan.

"Hi,"

"So how you doing?"

"All fine,"

My fingers fiddled as I didn't know what to say further. I never had so awkward conversations with Armaan especially after I started to accept him as my boyfriend. But after his revealition, I didn't speak to him much face to face as I was scared of blabbering something wrong that would eventually hurt him.

"I didn't tell my parents yet," he muttered.

"Are you planning to tell them in future?"

"I have to. But not so soon, maybe after I settle down."

"Okay,"

"I don't know what their reactions would be,"

"Don't let anyone's comments affect you. People will criticise you, only a few would accept you. And you should be ready for the criticisms,"

"Yeah and thank you. Thank you for keeping up the secret of me being gay. I was really in depression back then and your support boosted me up. Thanks for proving my decision, of telling you the truth, right. I am really very lucky to have a good friend like you. Not everyone is lucky to have a friend like you,"

"Your secret is safe with me. And Atharv won't tell anyone, I promise."

"I trust you," he smiled at me and I averted my gaze to Atharv.

Atharv's was giving me a cold look. He clearly didn't like me speaking with Armaan. After Armaan went, Atharv came back to me. I was happy that Atharv didn't interrupt us or said something really bad to Armaan while we conversed.

"Can we go? I was thinking to take you to a restaurant," I asked Atharv.

"So finally you are repenting,"

"Sort of,"

He shrugged his shoulders playfully and gave me a piggy ride back to his car.

All my family members had accepted Reason in the mean of time. I knew that Reason would win all of them over someday. My mother herself gave Reason his food as she loved doing it. Though she scolded Reason if he licked her. I was happy in a way that atleast because of Reason my mother's dog-phobia was overcoming.

I was making the breakfast for my family. The same scrambled eggs and tea. My father, Appu and Ved were playing with Reason without disturbing my mother who read her religious book.

Reason had started to know me. My mother would say how he waited on our door exactly half an hour before I would return home. While I would leave for my college, Reason would demand to pick him up. Once I picked him up I would give him a tight snuggle that he loved. When I had scooped Reason for the first time on the street, I had not imagined that one day he would love me so much.

We all were so used to Reason that no one of us could ever part from him. Reason recognised Ved, who had returned back just a day ago, as I would get him to FaceTime with Ved every time.

"Dhvani, we are going out for dinner tonight. I'm giving a treat," my father told.

I knew why he was giving us a treat. Ved had been given a chance to work on the cruise by the manager and so my father who felt proud of his son, was giving us a treat. Even when Appu had bagged a new job he had given us a dinner treat.

"Did you text Atharv?" I asked.

"Yes, I did."

I turned off the gas and said, "Okay, then. Now let's have the breakfast."

Atharv had his extra practice session earlier in the morning as the competition was nearing. Luckily, weather was sunny so I went to college by walking. While I was listening to songs and walking on the street, Atharv texted me.

~ I have a ten minutes break
Please get me Gatorade

~okay 😒

Just a minute late and I would have passed by the store. I entered the store to get Atharv a Gatorade drink. It was the only store in our area that sold Gatorade and all branded power drinks.

I bought the orange flavoured Gatorade for Atharv and a small frooti bottle for me. I went straight to the college ground where Atharv had his practice session going.

Atharv was waiting for me on the first stair of the small wooden grandstand. I waved at him and sat beside him. His hair was messed up and face looked tired. By his looks I could understand that he had a tough practice.

"Your Gatorade," I handed him his bottle.

"Thank you,"

He instantly opened the bottle and gulped down the drink. I grabbed Atharv's phone to check if he read my father's text. Surprisingly, he had and also replied him with a thumbs up emoji. As expected, he had not texted Ved a congratulations message.

"Why didn't you send Ved a simple congratulations message?" I frowned.

"I was completely busy in the practice, Dhvani. And about your baba's text, I replied him just a few minutes ago. Check the freaking time,"

"I'll do it on your behalf then,"

I texted a congratulations message to Ved while Atharv shrugged his shoulders.

"I was going to congratulate him anyways at the dinner,"