epilogue

Pushing the red headband up his forehead and into his - now blonde - hair, Changkyun glossed over his appearance in the mirror before smiling at himself.

He'd taken Minhyuk's suggestion of dyeing his hair blonde even though the third-year (at the time) had first mentioned it over a year ago on the night of that very eventful Halloween party. Changkyun had only decided to dye it blonde a year and a half afterwards because he liked his brown hair.

He'd tried dyeing his hair a light blue when he was in high school but it turned out looking horrible, and he'd suppressed his 'hair-dyeing trauma' ever since then, but Minhyuk kept reassuring him he would look hot with blonde hair, so he finally took his advice and went through with it.

Minhyuk was never wrong about anything - this included. Changkyun kind of regretted not dyeing his hair blonde before now, but he was still happy he'd gotten to.

What Changkyun was wearing wasn't too flashy or fancy, but it was dressy enough for the occasion. Today was the day of Kihyun, Jooheon, Hyungwon and Wonwoo's graduation from college. They were now third-years, and Changkyun and Soonyoung were second-years.

When Hyunwoo, Minhyuk and Hoseok graduated, Changkyun attended the ceremony as he was now and he hated to admit that he cried. He cried because he realised that the three third-years wouldn't be a part of their 'lunch squad' anymore. Even though he never told anyone, Changkyun would've definitely missed Minhyuk the most as he was the one who'd brought out the most confidence in Changkyun.

Kihyun had done a lot for him, too (of course), but Minhyuk just understood Changkyun better and he'd played a big part in the boy's growth as a person.

He thought he'd maybe never see the three of them again, but he couldn't have been even more wrong. Minhyuk and Hyunwoo had found an apartment nearby Kihyun's, so Changkyun was seeing them almost everyday just like he did at college, and Hoseok had to move somewhere a little further away, but Hyungwon would be joining him soon so he wouldn't be alone for too long.

But, compared to how Changkyun was almost two years ago, he could safely say he'd become a better person. Soonyoung was still his best friend and he found that he actually got along well with Wonwoo. The - now third-year - wasn't as scary as Changkyun thought he was; he just looked scary. But Wonwoo was definitely one of the kindest people Changkyun had ever met, and he was glad Soonyoung had someone like him.

Changkyun stuck his hands in the pockets of his loose shorts, making sure they weren't puffing out or anything, before pulling the sleeves of his cropped red jumper down over his arms and admiring himself in the mirror one last time.

He picked his phone up from the bedside table before hearing the tell-tale beeping of what he presumed to be Hyunwoo's car outside. Grabbing his rucksack, he slung the bag over his shoulder before running out to greet Minhyuk, Hyunwoo and Hoseok.

"Honestly, Changkyunnie, I can never get over how cute you look with blonde hair," Minhyuk gushed as Changkyun climbed into the back next to Hoseok. "Aren't I just the best beauty guru you've ever met?"

"Of course you are, hyung," Changkyun laughed, pulling out his phone to text Kihyun.

To: Bed-wetter
we're on our way now 💕

From: Bed-wetter
good, i miss you 💗 :(

To: Bed-wetter
you're such a baby 🙄💙

From: Bed-wetter
you love me 😘
gotta go babe, i'll see you later. i love you 💜

To: Bed-wetter
love you too 💖