twelve

"What was that about? Are you ok? They didn't hurt you, did they?" Kihyun asked once the two were out of the canteen, and Changkyun shook his head.

"Minhyuk is very...demanding," he replied, taking a while to find the right words.

Kihyun chuckled. "Yeah, he is. Sorry if he asked you any personal things."

"It's ok; I know he means no harm," the hazelnut-haired boy reassured. "I like Minhyuk - he's really nice."

"He can be a real pain in the butt sometimes, but he's great," Kihyun agreed, the two of them now taking a slow, leisurely walk to the main library. "What did you need me for?"

"Oh, yeah," Changkyun said, reaching into his back pocket to grab his phone. "Would you mind sending me your timetable? I just figured it would be easier to have it than have to text you everyday and ask you if you're free."

"That's a good point," Kihyun agreed, pulling out his phone to send a picture of his timetable to Changkyun. "All done - are you off to a lesson now?"

"Nope," Changkyun answered, slipping his phone back into his pocket. "But I'm getting a lift home in a few hours."

"Do you want to hang out for a bit?" He asked. "I find that the corridors are surprisingly empty at these times."

Changkyun considered it for a moment, the risks of spending time with Kihyun. Really, there were none, but Changkyun could never be so sure about anything.

He decided, in the end, that he really had nothing to lose. The college campus was a safe place, and nobody could get in without an ID card. Changkyun was safe.

~*~

Kihyun was right. The corridors really were tranquil and Changkyun couldn't even remember a time when he'd been in a place that was so quiet. Even the libraries weren't as quiet as the corridors.

And Changkyun was so grateful that they were the only two in the corridor at the moment, because he was sure he had never laughed as hard as he had there.

Kihyun laughed along with him, and once Changkyun had managed to calm down a bit, his face was red with laughter and there were tears brimming in the corners of his eyes.

He honestly couldn't remember a time when he'd laughed that much, even with Soonyoung. That didn't go to say that the exuberant redhead wasn't a good laugh - he was hilarious and Changkyun was glad he'd met him, but Kihyun was so down-to-Earth and relatable that Changkyun couldn't help but find him hilarious.

It had been a while since he had been able to really speak to someone. Again, Soonyoung was great and he loved him a lot, but he sometimes found the younger a bit too enthusiastic to really be honest with.

That probably wasn't the case in all honesty, but Changkyun could never be sure on anything.

"We'll end up getting told off for being too noisy if you keep laughing like that," Kihyun chuckled and Changkyun inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry," he panted, and Kihyun shook his head.

"It's nice to see you so happy," the pink-haired male replied. "I'm glad I'm able to make you laugh so hard."

"How could I not laugh?" Changkyun asked. "You literally just told me you wet the bed until you were nine."

"And, the rest of the college doesn't need to know that," Kihyun argued, and Changkyun rolled his eyes playfully.

The two of them sat in a comfortable silence for a few more minutes, Changkyun still taking deep breaths to calm himself down when his phone dinged from beside him.

From: Yungjae
I'm outside

"I'm off now," the hazelnut-haired boy stated, standing up and grabbing his bag from the floor next to him. "Thanks for the interesting life stories; I'll definitely remember those until the day I die."

Kihyun grinned at him, standing up and picking up his own bag from next to him.

"Next time, you're telling me your interesting life stories," he assured, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"My life doesn't have many interesting stories to tell," Changkyun replied regrettably.

"Then you'll just tell me about your life," Kihyun shrugged. "I'm sure you have something about you that will take me by surprise."

"Is that a bet?" Changkyun tried, suddenly hot and confused as to where this sudden confidence was coming from.

"No," Kihyun chuckled. "Because I know anything you tell me will be interesting."

~*~

kihyun is so fuckin smooth i love it