"Um... providing moral support?" Stiles offered.

"I know Brooke means a lot to you," the Sheriff offered, "but how about you provide moral support from home?"

Stiles nodded his head, and made his way to the elevator. However, once his dad's attention was somewhere else, Stiles snuck back into Lydia's hospital room. The strawberry blonde's hospital gown was strewn across the ground, and he picked it up quickly. He looked around the room to try and find something with Brooke's scent on it, but there was nothing.

It was almost like she was never there.

Stiles let out a groan in frustration. He quickly left the hospital and made his way to Scott waiting in the jeep. He climbed in the car, handing the bloody garment over.

"Is this the one she was just wearing?" Scott asked. Stiles nodded. "Do you find anything for Brooke?"

"No, not anything. My dad took her phone and her purse wasn't anywhere," Stiles groaned, lightly banging his hands on the steering wheel. "Why would she take her purse, but leave her phone?"

"Hey, I'm not going to let anything happen to her. Neither of them. Not again."

Stiles nodded, gathering his strength and turning the car on. "Just shove that thing in your face so we can find them. If I know Brooke, she wouldn't leave Lydia willingly."

Before they were able to back up, Allison was running up to the passenger side of the jeep. Both boys looked at her questioningly, Scott telling her that someone will see her.

"I don't care," Allison said. Her face showed her desperation. "Brooke and Lydia are my best friends, and we need to find them before my family does."

"Your dad knows?" Stiles asked.

"I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUV's," Allison answered.

Scott looked at Stiles in shock. "A search party."

"More like a hunting party," Allison said.

Stiles leaned across Scott and opened the passenger door. "Get in."

Seconds later they were peeling out of the parking lot, Stiles driving down the road well above the speed limit.

"If she's turning, would they actually kill her?" Stiles asked. He swallowed the bile that rose in his throat. "Would they hurt Brooke?"

"I don't know!" Allison said exasperatedly. "They won't tell me anything. They just keep saying we'll talk after Kate's Funeral when 'the others get here'."

Stiles gripped the steering wheel tighter as he asked Allison what she meant, but the brunette had no idea. Stiles had one, though. To him, 'others' just meant reinforcements. His heart raced at the thought of more hunters in Beacon Hills. "Scott, are we going in the right direction?"

Scott furrowed his brows as his head stuck out the window. "Take the next right!"

Stiles followed his directions eagerly, swinging the jeep around the turn. The three continued driving for the next ten minutes, Scott continuing to give directions as Allison bit her nails and Stiles' knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel too tight.

He couldn't wrap his mind around the situation. It was no surprise to him that Brooke followed Lydia wherever she went, the blonde being the most loyal person he knew. He just couldn't understand why she took her purse with her.

Allison noticed how quiet Stiles had become and knocked his shoulder. "What is it? What are you thinking?"

"There's just one thing I don't get," Stiles shook his head. "She took her purse with her, but left her phone behind. There's a chance she dropped it, but if she was in that big of a rush, wouldn't she have left her purse? She didn't even take it in the bathroom with her."

Allison and Scott made eye contact, the latter shrugging. "Well, her phone has a GPS in it, right? Maybe she didn't want to be followed."

"So she doesn't want us to find her and Lydia?" Scott asked.

Stiles shook his head. "No Brooke's smart. She'd know we go after them regardless."

"So she wanted to make sure the police couldn't find her?" Allison asked.

"Or your dad," Stiles answered.

"If she was hiding from someone, where would she go?" Scott asked.

Stiles' eyes widened and he took a sharp turn, sending Allison sliding across the back seat. Stiles met her eyes in the rearview mirror and smiled meekly. "Sorry, but you should really put on your seat belt."

******

The three teenagers walked nervously towards the Hale House remains. Allison looked at Scott, a worried expression covering her face.

"Are you sure about this?"

Stiles nodded, albeit regretfully. "If Brooke didn't go home, this is the only other place she would've brought Lydia."

"Lydia's scent leads here," Scott added. The three continued their trek through the woods. "Has she even been here before?"

Allison shook her head. "Not with me." The two looked at Stiles expectantly.

"I can't see Brooke bringing her here if it wasn't an emergency," Stiles said.

"Maybe they came here on instinct?" Allison asked. "I mean, Brooke would go to Derek for help first, right?"

"Because he's an Alpha, or because he's her cousin?"

Allison looked at Scott. "What if Lydia's the one leading, and Brooke's just following to keep her safe? Wolves need a pack, right?"

Their conversation was interrupted as Stiles bends down to the ground, calling their attention to the wire in front of him. "Hey, guys. I think this is a tripwire."

And because Stiles is Stiles, he tripped it.

******

vote, comment, share!!!