It didn't work. Stiles let out another dramatic sigh, on the verge of tears after not sleeping for two nights. He went back to shaking the machine, but it was too heavy for him. Feeling thoroughly frustrated, Stiles grabbed the top of the machine and started shaking it violently. He just wanted his damn candy!

Before Stiles knew what was happening, the vending machine was tipping over, and he barely avoided being squashed as it crashed to the floor. Stiles whipped his head from side to side, praying that no one saw him.

Before he could figure out what to do, two screams echoed down the hospital hallway. One was high and raspy, fear clear in a voice. The other was more violent, with enough heat in it to curdle milk.

"Brooke?! Lydia!" Stiles instantly abandoned the broken vending machine, running to the hospital room as Melissa and Lydia's dad followed. Stiles stormed into the bathroom, expecting to see Brooke sitting on the chair outside the shower Lydia was supposed to be in.

She told him that Lydia didn't want to be alone, so she was going to sit in the restroom and talk with her to keep her company. Now, they were both gone.

Melissa McCall pulled back the curtain of the shower, finding it empty with the water still running. Lydia's bloody hospital gown was lying crumpled on the floor, and Stiles noticed a rectangular device next to it.

Stiles bent down, realizing it was Brooke's phone. There was a crack running across the screen, obstructing her back ground; it was a picture of Brooke and Lydia from homecoming freshmen year.

Stiles stared at the phone in confusion, there was no way Brooke would purposefully leave her phone behind. She must have been running from something, right? The thought made Stiles' heart race.

"What's that?" Melissa asked, grabbing it carefully with a gloved hand.

"It's Brooke's phone," Stiles said, eyes attached to the screen. "She must've dropped it."

A breeze rolling through the room caused Stiles to tear his gaze away from the phone. He looked to see where it was coming from, and froze when saw the window wide open, the light of the full moon shining through it.

"Stiles," Melissa said to grab his attention. "I think we need to call your dad."

******

"Naked? As in nude?" Sheriff Stilinski asked. He paced down the hospital's hallways, Melissa and Lydia's Dad at his side. Stiles stumbled behind them, trying his hardest keep up.

"I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing," Melissa responded. "But yes. Brooke should be clothed, though."

"You've checked the entire hospital?" the Sheriff asked.

"Every last corner," Melissa responded.

"Nothing suspicious?" The sheriff asked.

"Not for Lydia. She just took off," Melissa responded. The Sheriff raised his eyebrows at her statement. "Brooke was acting strange beforehand, I'm not sure why. She also left her phone."

Melissa handed over the rectangular device, the cracked screen almost taunting. Sheriff Stilinski sighed, this meaning they didn't have any way of trying to track their movements. "Alright. Lets get an APB out on two sixteen year olds: one blonde and one red head. Any other descriptors?"

Stiles stepped in between the adults. "Brooke's five foot seven, has green eyes, a mole on her hairline and her hair is more of a darker blonde than anything." The adults looked at him surprise. "Also Lydia is actually strawberry blonde."

The sheriff looked at his son in shock, grabbing him by the neck and dragging him away from the other adults. "What the hell are you still doing here?"