#10|i walk like a penguin

Start from the beginning

"Shut the fuck up,"

I got up. And pointed at my right foot. Appu had wrapped it tightly with the bandage after applying some balm on to it. It smelled really strong and bad.

"That's not something new, okay? You keep falling every now and then,"

"But I walk like a penguin,"

"When did you see a penguin walk? And nobody is asking you to do a ramp walk at the party. So stop being so dramatic,"

"Why you being salty? I should be more upset since Ryan is my crush. Not yours,"

"Because of your social anxiety, we never go to any parties. And now that you had agreed for the party, you broke your ankle. Look at my face, I even trimmed my beard nicely in excitement."

I touched his beard and looked closely at it. It did have some weird cuts in which I was not used to seeing Atharv in. The new look suited him.

"Haan yaar, mi baghitlach nahi."
"Oh yeah, I didn't notice."

"I will give you a piggy back ride, I promise. I'll not leave you alone, I'll stick by your side throughout the party." He sat on his knees and held my hands in his.

Atharv made a face that I couldn't ignore. Whenever I denied going with his idea, he made up an innocent face to make me melt. And I did melt every time he did that. If ever I made an innocent face, even he used to give in easily.

I stroke his hair, messing them up and spoke, "Alright,"

"You are the best girlfriend ever, I love you." he giggled and kissed my cheek.

"But you will be with me in the party and also give me piggyback ride."

"Yes, I will,"

"But my foot smells really bad due to the balm,"

"Then wash it completely. Once we return back from the party, I'll give your ankle a massage with the balm."

"Don't be so cute, I cannot resist." I laughed.

I got changed into the clothes Appu had suggested me in the afternoon. I wore a black bodycon dress and paired a ripped denim jacket over it. I applied mascara and kajal, a black powder used to line the waterline, to compliment the outfit. I went for a mauve shade of the liquid lipstick that made me look appealing.

I had washed off the balm from my ankle thoroughly though it pained a lot while I did so. There was still mild fragrance of the balm and to eliminate it completely I sprayed my deodorant on my ankle.

I didn't wear my crocs but rather wore flat white slippers that I had got from the local market for a hundred rupees. I was hoping that no one would notice my slippers. It would be an awkward situation. The slippers clearly didn't go with my outfit, but I had no other choice than wearing them. I had no guts to put my foot inside the crocs or the shoes I had.

"What was the need to even try heels?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I wanted to have ideal height, of course. And anyway I've learnt a lesson, never to wear heels again." I spoke, glancing at my cramped foot.

"Good," Atharv chuckled.