- tale of the wicked -

Start from the beginning

"Ms. Winchester, a word would be great." I spin on my heels and spot Alaric wrapped in a fluffy robe with equally dumb slippers and a grimace caught between his lips at my judging stare. I almost snort at the sight of seeing my headmaster in a different aspect from his usual work attire.

Swallowing down my childish thoughts, I nod my head and enter the room, taking a seat and propping my feet up on his desk. He passes by and impolitely kicks my feet from their position. Much to my dismay, I plant my feet on the ground and my fingers subconsciously fidget in my lap.

He sits across from me and eyes me for a hot minute. "I get that you come from a relatively violent bloodline and your thirst for human blood is a lot stronger than most vampires at this school but I advise you steer clear of that path. You understand my concerns, don't you?" He calmly says, his face with a deep frown and slight smile. He's afraid I'll become like my father, always hungry for human blood but that will never be the case. I can control my urges and I'm nothing like my father.

I refrain from groaning and bite my tongue, holding back a remark, "Clear as day, sir." I mumble mockingly but no way in hell could I return to drinking animal blood. It didn't sit well with me, if anything, it made me sick to my stomach and regurgitate my insides back up. Would you consider that a good feed for a growing vampire of my age?

"Very well. Now as for your little excursions after curfew, I need them to stop." I stare at the man, perplexed. How does he know that, he has the most stable sleep schedule above anyone in this school and I always make sure he's out like a light before I leave.

"Hope..she informed me."

That bitc-

"She's worried about you and so am I." He adds, trying to make a point. "Sir, all do respect but you don't have to pretend to care about me. I cope just fine by myself." I snap but lack the energy, standing up with his eyes following. I'm already in a terrible mood from skipping out on my late night meal and his scolding session isn't relieving any stress.

"Blair.."

"Goodnight, Dr. Saltzman."

"If you weren't such a bitch, maybe dad would pay more attention to me without you sucking up all his time with your damsel in distress act." The snarl belonging to Lizzie Saltzman ruins my slumber and I groan as I slip out of bed, dragging myself to the door and forcing it open.

"Can't you two bond over something sisterly like painting each other's nails!" I exclaim at the pair of arguing twins that fall silent. Lizzie glances at me, her face morphing into a scowl at my presence before she storms off in the opposite direction. While Josie, blushes awkwardly and sends me an apologetic smile. "Sorry for the disturbance, Blair." She mumbles softly and disappears down the hall.

I sigh, feeling sympathy for Josie. She doesn't deserve the pressure of her sister beating down on her and although I didn't want to admit it, Lizzie is quite the bitch, but only sometimes.

Stepping back into my dorm, I peel the shirt off my back and hear a small gasp behind me. I glance in the mirror to find a flustered Hope Mikaelson, cheeks drowning with a deep blush and an awkward tight lipped smile as she turns her head away. "Clothes on, thanks." She mutters.

"We're both girls here, Mikaelson and you're like the annoying relative I thankfully never had." I say to remind her as I continue stripping and change into my uniform which Alaric made an exception for. I can wear anything as long as the school logo is incorporated into it so I slip into almost black slacks, a sweater with the school logo and pull my signature leather jacket over top, straightening out the fabric underneath and patting down the crinkles in my pants.