- and so the drama begins..again

Time is too short for unspoken words

••••

BLAIR'S POV

I find myself on the search for the mystery disappearance of Penelope Park.

After she left my room, I couldn't stop wondering about what she intended to say to me.

I spent most of my life bottling up unspoken conversations, and getting frustrated at myself for never releasing what I allowed build inside my chest. I hope she wasn't in the same stage. The recovery is tremendously long.

It takes me three minutes to hunt the girl down - she's in the student lounge, slumped over a thick novel with horrific posture and twirling a strand of hair around her index finger.

Target acquired.

I hop over the backside of the sofa she is seated on and plop down beside her. She is startled by my abrupt greeting and throws a right hook into my left shoulder without much thought, or any thought at all.

Who knew she could throw hands, I assumed she was just all spells and threats.

Penelope simmers once realising I was not an assailant, though she still glares at me with a heated passion.

I laugh amusedly, brushing aside the slight tingling sensation in my shoulder and peek over at the book she's reading. "Oooh, Park, I see you like sappy romance." I tease.

Spoiler alert the happy couple both tragically die in the end.

Penelope snaps the book shut, huffing and puffing loudly. "Blair, what do you want?" She's ice cold, it has to be because of something I said. But what did I say that upset her so harshly?

"I want you to talk to me."

"I didn't realise that isn't what we're doing right now." She answers sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

I mimic her eye roll and shift closer to her, hoping she doesn't let loose of another punch aimed for my shoulder. "You left my room wanting to talk, so I'm here now. Say whatever it is you wanted to when you felt like you couldn't."

Penelope hesitates, her eyes filling with.. anger?

"It doesn't work like that, Blair!" She suddenly exclaims, launching to her feet with the book clutched to her chest tightly, knuckles clenched white. "You don't have the right to act like you care when the only person you do care about is that damn Saltzman!"  She shouts into one heaving breath and spins around with the intention to run.

I stand up and grab her shoulder before she can scamper away like earlier. "Penelope..." though as she slowly turns, her brown eyes are brimmed with tears she's forcing back. "Where is this coming from?"