A Choice... The Future Awaits!

Start from the beginning

"I have heard of what happened to you, my boy. And I would like to apologize to you in the name of the Pokémon League Association" Ash tried to let the elder know that there was nothing to apologize for, his eyes looking straight at the bowing short man. But he didn't know what to say, his throat did not allow him to even utter a word. "Know that both officers will receive punishment for their actions"

"I would like to apologize as well, young man" The woman said, which made Ash even more uncomfortable at seeing her bow as well. But words were not uttered, his eyes just watching the blonde haired woman closely. "I have assigned two of Rota's officers here in Viridian City because I have gotten information about some relics from Rota being transferred through the city" She stated, which made Ash nod carefully. It was slowly making sense in his mind, but there was still no justification to just try and attack him when he was just trying to save a Pokémon... his Pokémon. "Oh, my! I forgot my manners. I'm Ilene, current queen of Rota"

"My Queen!" Aaron bowed, immediately shocking Ash for his mannerism. He had not expected him to actually bow to the woman in front of them. Aaron has his eyes closed, obviously thinking about something that Ash had no knowledge of. Though he was sure to ask him about it afterwards. "It's an honor to finally meet you"

"Oh my! What a respectable Riolu you have, young man" Ash widened his eyes a bit, the choice of her words carefully analyzed by him. He was no stranger to words, his uncle seems to play with them time and time again just to mess with him. So he definitely saw that the Queen of Rota had clearly understood Aaron's words.

"Y-You can understand him too?" His interrogative was merely a whisper, loud enough for the occupants of the room to hear him but low enough for people outside the room to not know a thing. He saw just how Ilene looked at him with a smile on her face, her eyes shining a bit as she looked at him. "H-How-"

"My ancestor is an Aura Guardian" She smiled, making Ash nod a bit at that. He saw her furrow her eyes a bit before widening them a bit. "Oh my... You are an Aura Guardian as well, young Ash" Ilene clapped happily, which made Ash confused at her actions. He even looked at the director of the Pokémon League Association, who just had a small grandfatherly smile over his face as he overlooked the conversation between the queen and himself. "Well this is just wonderful! May I ask something of you, Ash?"

"S-Sure?" He really didn't know how to even answer the question. His voice sounded unsure, doubt filling the void of the room as he maintained his unsure look over his face. He was not sure just what to expect from the queen who seemed to be more than happy to get to know he was actually an Aura Guardian, something that she had confirmed for him.

"I wish for you to join my kingdom, Ash" Her words turned serious in a matter of seconds, with Ash opening his eyes widened in shock just as she said her petition. He could only see the reaction of his Pokémon, with Aaron actually being the one who showed even less emotions. Ambrose looked like he was just given a juicy steak, so Ash was not that surprised with his reaction. "To join my army as the first Aura Guardian in many years"

"I..." Ash didn't know what to say, his eyes wandered through the entire room. He was trying to find a way out, to not answer the petition given to him by the queen. But there seems to be nothing around that would actually help him with escaping from giving an answer. "I... I am grateful that you are offering this to me, Queen Ilene..." But Ash looked down, immediately remembering just why he headed out into the unknown. He wanted to see the world, share adventures with his current and new Pokémon. And to be a Master, something that had inspired him to continue forward. "But I would have to refuse"

"I see..." Ash gulped slightly as she uttered those two words. She had a frown over her smiling face, which actually sent a shiver down Ash's spine. He was not the only one who felt the fear, because he could see just as Mr. Goodshow slowly moved away from the queen. Even Aaron and Ambrose were trembling in slight fear of her current demeanor. "May I ask why, Ash?"