Through Fire and Flames

*RUMBLE*

Ash groaned, his eyes slowly opening. He had been resting, waiting for a better moment to continue his journey. Yet he didn't expect for the weather to be against him. The rumbles that came from the sky were telling him that it was only going to get worse. He forced himself awake, immediately soaking himself as soon as he exited the tent that he had built beforehand. He almost stumbled, his feet colliding with a rock that had been nearby his tent. Though he managed to keep a steady position, as his movements were swift and precise.

*CRASH*

"Shit..." He swore, his eyes widening quite greatly at the fact that the thunderstrike landed near his tent. He pressured himself into fastening the process of packing everything in his backpack. He definitely didn't want to get charred by thunder as he rushed through everything. He gritted his teeth, a sudden shiver going through all of his spine. He even looked at his belt, where all of his six Poké Balls were hanging off. Sighing in relief, Ash quickly finished the remaining items that he had to pack.

*CRASH*

Ash didn't look back, his feet already carrying him far away from the location he had been resting on. He didn't even register that he had been running through a forest. The lush of the woods now seemingly haunted by the weather. He knew well enough that there was a Pokémon Center nearby, a place where he could finally rest from the disastrous weather that had caught him unaware. To be sure, however, he checked his Pokétch to see if he was running in the correct direction.

He sighed in relief, noticing that he was running straight to the Pokémon Center. It would be a matter of time before he would be able to reach the safety of the building. Yet as soon as he managed to open his eyes a bit more, since he was covering them from the water, he saw something that made him sick. A sight that would haunt him for quite some time. Because in front of him was a Pokémon, a Starter Pokémon to be exact, in a cutdown tree in the middle of the road. And the Pokémon on top of the cutdown tree was close to dying.

The Pokémon is a bipedal, reptilian Pokémon with a primarily white body and red eyes. Its underside from the chest down and the soles of its feet are gray-colored. It has two small fangs visible in its upper jaw and two smaller fangs in its lower jaw. A light blue-white fire burns at the tip of this Pokémon's slender tail, flame that was diminishing in size by the second. This is a Charmander, the Lizard Pokémon and one of the three Starter Pokémon of the Kanto region.

Starter Pokémon were mostly extinct, protected carefully by the Pokémon League to bring the species once more. He had been told by Professor Oak, when he had been in that summer camp, that harming or letting any Starter Pokémon die; it could be considered the heaviest of crimes. So, he acted on instinct, picking up the weak Charmander up in his arms before he kept running to the Pokémon Center.

He felt just how the Charmander began to struggle against his hold, trying to escape from his grasp. But he didn't let him, holding him tighter than before. He even began to use his aura, even if most of its use was by instinct. His aura began to warm him and the weak Charmander that he had on his arms. He even felt just how the Lizard Pokémon began to relax in his hold thanks to his aura. He was close, he knew that it would be a matter of time before he would reach the Pokémon Center that was supposed to be nearby.

And it was then that he saw it, the Pokémon Center of Route Six. The building looked like a comfortable shack; a building made of logs. But Ash knew that he didn't have the luxury of actually asking for something modern to stay in. He just needed a roof under his head and Nurse Joy to help the Charmander that he found on his way to the Center. He wasn't that far off from the Center, his legs carrying him towards the entrance of the building. And he was not waiting a second more, his back colliding with the door and opening it to be able to enter the building,