Questioning

*samantha's POV*
The 'study' session went by way too quickly. I made up the whole failing thing. The assignment was fairly easy and e could understand it on his own but I just wanted to figure him out. He was so dark and mysterious that pushed me away yet attracted me.

Chris didn't talk most of the time when I was trying to explain it all to him. "Mmhhmm" was his response most of the time but really he was still listening to his music and singing along.

"Are you listening to a word I'm saying?" I rolled my eyes at his ignorance and he saying even louder.

" Nope." He turned his stereo up louder.

"Chris!" I shouted over the ruckus. His eyes were closed and he was head banging along to the beats and lyrics. "Chris Cerulli!" His eyes snapped open. For a second I could have sworn they were red like a demon but they faded back to they're normal light brown.

"That's not my name." His voice was deep and grumbly.

"Then what is your name? Because on the school class list it says Chris Cerulli." I said matter of factly just to get him to talk. I loved his voice, it's fluctuations and flow as he talked, emotions entwined in his words. Once you got him to talk an hold a conversation he was interested in, he seemed pretty nice.

"Chris Motionless." He emphasized the 'motionless' part of his name.

"Oh yeah and I'm Samantha Stand-still." I mocked him. He sneered but It quickly turned into a smirk.

"Samantha?"

"Yeah, Samantha, that's my name." I said with a little attitude etched in my voice.

"Your hand is on my thigh, Samantha." I looked down and realized in all my frustration with trying to get him to talk, that I must have put my hand on his thigh accidentally. I let it linger there then swiped it away. I really did want to leave it there but a part of me didn't. My mind was indecisive and I didn't like it.

His smirk widened when he noticed me biting my lip. "I know I'm irresistible and that everyone likes me..."

"I do not!" I cut him off.

"Don't deny it, it's pretty obvious." His eyes turned dark and sarcastic.

"I don't like you like that." I repeated myself, even though I'm not sure if it was true or not.

"Good, because I have a girlfriend." He leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes again and listened to the music.

I gulped. "You do?" Shit, I made that obvious.

"I do." He said again to reassure me. Fuck, why did he have to have a girlfriend. And why should it matter to me? It shouldn't. I was what people called A 'preppy school girl' but really I just considered myself normal and he was... Goth. I shouldn't be attracted to him.

*chris's POV*

Her hand was on my thigh. I don't think she noticed it, but it was definitely there. The warmth made me shiver and cringe. "You're hand is on my thigh, Samantha." I told her while staring at her hand. It was creeping me out. I've never let anyone close to me, nonetheless touch me.

She left it there for a millisecond and then yanked it away, horror welling in her eyes. No, don't do that. I thought to myself. I wanted her hand there. Did I? I couldn't tell. My mind was in such a jumble. But my skin was aching for her touch again, the feeling was weird. We got Into a play fight about her liking me and of course she denied it but I'm pretty sure she did. Her persistence just wouldn't allow her to admit it.

"Good, because I have a girlfriend." I said snottily. I wasn't lying, I did have a girlfriend. Her name was Ash and I met her at a concert just last week. She is gorgeous and funny, yet has a dark side just like me. I think I love Ash, but I'm not really intact with my emotions anymore.

"You do?" Her voice sounded disappointed.

"I do." My voice shook, did she hear that? I don't think so. I hope not, because right now I'm questioning myself. I like my girlfriend a lot and I know that... But this girl is confusing me.