#9|asking Ryan for adopting Reason

Zacznij od początku

"Your dog,"

"Oh, yes my dog. It's Reason,"

"Reason, that's unique."

"Thank you,"

"I have an idea," Atharv screamed again with enthusiasm.

"What?" I glared at him with frustration.

"Why don't we ask Ryan to adopt Reason? He had told you how his sister is struggling to find a puppy that fits in her budget."

"Oh hell yes!" I yelled with the same excitement.

"Why don't you take him? I mean, your sister wants a puppy, right?"

"He's yours, Dhvani. And why would I take your dog? You found him on your own," Ryan spoke.

"But my mother doesn't like him. She wants him out of our house, I'm putting him in a dog shelter."

"Oh, that's the thing. In that case, I can ask Nicole if she would want to keep Reason. But first, do ask your parents. In case they change their decision,"

"Thank you so much," I smiled at him.

I was relieved. I had never met Ryan's grandfather but had heard about him from Atharv. As per my knowledge, he was a cool grandparent.

"Are you going for practice?" Atharv asked.

"Umm, yeah. I was just passing by and saw Reason."

"Okay,"

Ryan handed Reason back to me and pulled his phone out.

"Can I get your number?"

I instantly looked at Atharv. Ryan asked for my number. That was a big moment happening. I was so excited, that skipped one digit from my number. Thanks to Atharv that he corrected me on time. I wished I would see what name Ryan saved my number. He thanked me and went.

I looked at Reason. He was definitely my lucky charm. The things that never happened before, happened just after I found Reason. I had found Reason less than twenty hours ago and already had two big moments with my crush. I pecked him. I didn't have to worry anymore for him. He was going to go in safe hands.

"If Ryan's sister keeps him, you can visit Ryan's house."

I giggled at him feeling astonished.

I returned home with Reason. My mother was watching her daily soap on the T.V. My father was on the armchair, listening to songs on his headphones. I didn't disturb anyone of them and went into the kitchen to write a note on the fridge magnet board.

The magnet board was already filled with words. My name was written on the top.

Dhvani,
I and your baba talked about your dog after you left. And your baba convinced me. You can keep the dog in our house 🙃🙂

"Thank you so much," I screeched in happiness.

It was unbelievable that my dog-phobic mother agreed to keep Reason at our house for forever. I kissed Reason tightly. Both of them shifted their attention to me directly. I looked at my father who grinned at me.

"Happy?" my mother asked.

"A lot!" I laughed hysterically.

"But I have a few rules,"

"I will follow all of them, I promise."

"One, get him vaccinated today itself. Two, you will potty train him. Three, you will feed him his food. Four, you will take veteran doctor's appointments and take the dog to checkups." she pulled her fingers at me as she spoke.

"I will do that all,"

"Now go get freshen up, we'll go to the veteran doctor and also buy your dog some stuff."

"He has a name baba, it's Reason!"

"He kasla naav ahe?"
"What kind of a name is that?"

"It's a top secret between us," I giggled stroking Reason's head.

After getting Reason's necessary items and visiting the veteran hospital, we returned home. Reason was having his dinner in the living room while I and my father were watching the daily soaps.

I saw the text Atharv had sent me.

~ What did Ryan decide?

~ he didnt text me yet
aai got convinced to keep reason
💃🏻

~ 🕺🏼
But what about Ryan?

~ i gotta tell him when he texts

~ good

I passed a chuckle though I was really worried about what Ryan would think of me after I tell him my mother's decision

I passed a chuckle though I was really worried about what Ryan would think of me after I tell him my mother's decision. I hoped that somehow Nicole denied Ryan's idea as it would be easier for me.

I received an unknown text right after. I guessed it to be Ryan. And it was him.

~ hey 👋🏻
It's Ryan.

I felt hesitant to text him back. But I had to tell him about my decision.

~ hi

~ did you talk to your parents?

I was glad that he decided to go with that first and not straightaway declare his decision.

~ my mother agreed
surprisingly ...
😅

~ that's great!
I had a feeling your parents would accept Reason

Not knowing what to say further, I just texted an emoji.

~ 😄

He saw the text but didn't text back. I wondered if I should ask him about Nicole or not. Whether I should apologise or not.

~ did you tell your sister?

~ I did
She did like the idea
But never mind
I'll soon get her a new puppy
🐶

"He is so understanding," I cooed slowly to myself.

~ im really sorry 😕
im here if you'll need my help

~ sure 👍🏻

I knew he won't ask me for help. But just to be good, which I probably am, I offered him my help. The guilt in me vanished soon after.

I saved the contact in my phone as Ryan🌈. I don't know why, but the rainbow suited beside his name. As I went back to the chats to get a screenshot to share with Atharv, I asked myself why did I save the number when he was not going to text me often? I didn't know. Maybe he would text me again someday? I smiled and clicked the screenshot.

Just after a minute, my phone buzzed again. It was Ryan's message.

~ I'm hosting a party at my house tomorrow
I don't have Atharv's number
So invite him as well from my behalf
🙂

I couldn't hold the excitement. My childhood crush had invited me to his party.

~ thike 😄
okay

A/N
What do you think will happen when Dhvani attends Ryan's house party? Will Ryan notice her or not?
If you liked the chapter please vote and comment :)