Chapter 2

You felt dizzy for a second. Closing your eyes, when you woke up in a white room. You looked around panicked. You didn't know what happened of how you got there. All you did was blink..! Oh gosh.

You looked around the white room. Nobody was there. Nothing was there. You didn't hear anything but white noise. But you felt like you were going insane.

"(D/N)..?" A voice came from behind you. You quickly turned around. A man that you had never seen before was standing there. He had natural red hair. Green eyes, white skin... he looked like the definition of a redneck dad.

"W-Who are you..? Where am I.?" You wimpered. Stepping back a few feet. The man looked sad for a moment at you moving away, but soon went back to smiling. Suddenly holding a picture in his hands. A picture you couldn't really see.

"Look at how big you've grown up..." He sighed, looking at the photo and putting it away. He didn't answer your question. It was starting to bug you.

"Thanks..? You didn't answer my question.." You softened a little bit. The guy didn't seem like any harm. He actually seemed pretty nic, undermining the situation you were in.

"Oh, sorry (D/N).. I'm Jim Johnson.." He smiled even wider. The name jogged your memory. You remembered.. Jim johnson... your-.. YOUR GRANDFATHER..? Why was he here..? Why was he talking to you..? He was- He as DEAD! Your mouth pretty much dropped to the floor. He noticed this and he laughed a little.

"Sorry to come bugging you at such an odd time, Kiddo. But I really need your help." He smiled and took a few steps forward. You pulled yourself together and nodded.

"Okay, for.. what.?" You really were nervous. But he didn't seem like he was trying to cause any harm. To anyone, really.

"In the back of the apartments there's a tree house that I built for your father before I uh... dissapeared..?" He said it almost like I as a question at the end.

"In the treehouse, there should be a chest. In it, there should be a red ball. Give it to Sal, He needs it for later." He smiled as he requested it. You were confused but you said okay and you popped back into reality.

You were still in front of the apartment building. The funny thing was that your father had never told you about a treehouse. Or his father, really.

You quickly started to go behind the building before you stopped and looked at all the graffiti... someone really needed to clean this place up... you looked around at the building a little more before finding a door to what you assumed, was the basement. You turned the knob, it was unlocked. You opened the door and the smell of dust and dried blood filled your nose.

"Bleh! What the heck!?" You pulled your shirt to your nose, and walked down the steps. You knew this was trespassing, And this was a really restricted area... but... something inside you gave you validation to be in the apartments. You sighed, looking around the abandoned apartment. There were amuture paintings on the walls, and they looked like your father's paintings almost. You found a red Hoodie. On a clothes rack, and decided to take it.

Looking around the room some more you found a picture. It was dusted on pretty badly. You blew the dust away to see... your father and your mother... A wedding day photo, that you had never seen before. Was this..? It had to be your parents old apartment.

You wandered around some more. Pocketing things that seemed important or had sentimental value. A necklace, pictures, Polaroid pictures. Anything. You stumbled apon a box full of old school sanity's fall tees. You were going to pocket them before you noticed they smelled high key like B.O and weed. You sighed and shut the box.

You walked into your old 3 year old self 's room. It wasn't pink, like you were expecting. But a peachy Orange-yellow color. You saw a tea set and smiled. But decided not to take it.

Wait.. why were you here again..?

Right.

Dead grandpa, treehouse, red ball, give to sal. Easy.

You walked out of the apartments and back to the treehouse. You climbed up the tree and pulled yourself in. Looking around it was actually quite spacious and clean. Except for the occasional old weed blunt,  or off-brand soda can. You got into one of the chests and serfed around. Stuff from your grandpa was mixed with some of your dads old baseball gloves.

Finally,  in one of the old leather jacket pockets you found it, the red ball. Along with a lighter and a pack of old cigarettes. You pocketed everything into your bag and climbed out. You smelled like dust, and probably a little like weed. You weren't gonna lie. You stank.

You walked home. Admiring the nicely even streets and Neil's old place down the street, it was too bad that he moved. Well, he moved closer to the prison to see Todd.

Todd was still in massive therapy. He wasn't a person. More like a... co-dependant rabid dog. He seemed to calm down when your mother and or, Neil were around. Special bonds, you guessed.

As soon as you got home you ran upstairs. Making sure not to be seen by your dad, who was in the living room. You couldnt just go and say, 'hey dad, I got a vision from your dead father and he told me to go snoop around at the old apartments. Here's your wedding pictures!'

You set everything down in your room and snuck back downstairs with the red ball and his prosthetic eye. You knocked before entering Sal's room.

"Uh, Sally face...?" No answer, you looked around his room. He wasn't in there, obviously. You walked out of his room and walked down the stairs, out to the living room. Mom was draped over your father's legs playing on her phone. Your father looked up to you and smiled,

"Hey, (D/N)! Welcome back home sweetie. Do you need something..?" You nodded and smiled back.

"Yeah, where did Sal Go..?" You asked, Your mother pointed twords the back door and you could see Sal on top of the shed. He did that sometimes. You thanked your mom and dad and walked outside.

"Hey, Uncle Sal..?" You smiled as he looked over and his masked moved a little. From the looks of it, He was smiling.

"Oh, hey. Yeah..? What do ya need..?" He replied, you felt your smile falter as he got off the shed.

"C-can  we, talk..?"