Chapter 8

i stood up and looked down at the black and grey wolf, i pressed my lips tightly together as i concentrated. i looked down at the wolf when the shadows started swimming towards me, "Okay, don't freak out, this will be cold." i whispered as i spread my arms wide inviting the shadows in.

they swam towards at increasing speeds, swirling around us they hugged themselves to my body and clung to the wolf, their disembodied voice whispering sweetly to me as they transported us into my little forest home.

much to my surprise when we landed on my lounge room floor, the wolf didn't freak out, try to get up and run, he didn't even seemed phased by our sudden movements through space, he just stared at me with an in-animal like intensity. i crouched down and looked into the cobalt blue eyes of the wolf, "You aren't an ordinary wolf are you?" i asked.

i wasn't expecting a reply so i was shocked when the wolf cautiously nodded his head yes. i blinked, my curiosity spiked, i slowly poked the wolfs nose, "What are you?" i asked as i shifted closer, i sniffed the wolfs nose. the wolf let out a huge sneeze, right in my face causing me to jump back and fall over myself.

i blinked in shock as i sat up leaning back on my hand, i wiped my face, "Ewe, Wolf snot." he let out a Wolfy chuckle but whined when the motion pulled on his wound. i growled, as i lent over the beast, to look at the wound.

i knelt back on my knees, "I'll be right back."

i got up from my lounge floor and headed into my bedroom. kneeling down i reached under my bed for my kit. my kit isn't like most humans, it had all of the 'normal' stuff humans have in their first aid kit, but mine also carried a variety of herbs, potions and old witch remedies inside of the large black bag.

i stood up, gently looking through the bag, when a loud howl erupted from the lounge, i froze, but shot from my room when a pain, and very human groan echoed through out my lounge to my bedroom. i stood, my body ridged when in the place the large black and grey wolf laid a very naked, man. i glared at him, my pleasant attitude dispersing as quickly as it came.

"Who are you and where is the wolf?" i snapped tossing the throw to him, he sat up painfully as he wrapped the blanket around his waist with a groan.

he looked at me his cobalt blue eyes staring into mine, i felt my eyes widened as he spoke, "I am the wolf." i blinked, shocked. his voice boomed around me, filled with power but with an under-lay of pain. i sighed as i strode over to him. i knelt down by his side once again.

"Very well, wolf, i shall mend your wounds and you can be on your way." i spoke, my voice hard with a dangerous spark to it. he watched me curiously as i dug in to my black bag, puling out all the things i would need to cleanse and close his wounds.

"Anemone - for healing, Bay - for strength and Bittersweet - for added healing and protection." i muttered as i recalled and placed each bottled herb in a row next to my bag. i looked up from my bag, meeting the electrifying bright blue eyes of the wolf, "Come." i stated simply as i collected my stuff into my arms and walked into the kitchen.

i put a pot of water over the fire, for it to boil. i turned when i heard the wolf enter my kitchen, i watched as he collapsed into one of my four wooden chairs. i watched him cautiously, "What is your name wolf?" i asked calmly.

i turned back to the pot, adding the correct amount of each herb into the pot to let them boil in the hot water, i turned back to the wolf, he opened his mouth to speak when a very loud howl erupted from the front of my little cottage. my eyes narrowed.

"Ash" i heard him mumble as i stalked to the front door...