Chapter 4

i stared up into the clear star-filled night sky, thinking about my eternal life and the last bloodline and last living human male of that bloodline that i must kill before my soul can finally be free and my body die at last...

three years.

three long, painfully slow years.

i sighed walking through the shadows of yet another town, searching for the last living descendant of the Steeper family; Rayce Tyler Steepler. now 17 years old. moves from place to place, being bounced from one foster home to the next. a pyromaniac and has a taste for destruction. now living with a Mr. and Mrs. Janette.

the most resent foster family who took in the poor, poor child who had his family brutally and bloodily slaughtered in front of his young fourteen year old eyes. by my hand. i killed his family without a seconds thought, i hadn't realised that the boy had been standing, frozen, at the doorway of his lounge room as i killed his parents. i'd looked up when a strangled choking noise grabbed my attention.

my blood-red-glowing eyes had met those wide silver eyes of their fourteen year old son... something, i still cant figure out what, but something stopped me from killing him...

 a strange feeling...

a voice in the back of my mind...

told me to stop...

not to kill the boy...

and for some reason i listened and i didn't kill him...

but i spoke to him...

for the first time in a long time i talked to someone/thing other then the shadows...

"I'm sorry... but life must be this way for me... and now.... for you too..." those simple fifteen little words had done something to both the boy and me, it lit a hatred inside the boy and a strange compassion wihtin my soul.

~a/n im sorry for the really short and crappy chapter but i knew i needed to update so yeah i hope you like it, let me know what yu think should happen next ~