Costume Day Saddnes

Cyrus returns home after Costume day and tries to figure out what he did wrong.... What he did to make TJ change his mind and leave Cyrus all alone on costume day.
       What'd I Do?
What did I do? Did he realize that he doesn't like me? Was this one sided the whole time? Why is she so much better than me? Cyrus had way to many thoughts running through is head. It felt like the thought were racing each other to the front of his mind and neither of them were going to lose. His eyes filled with tears with what had to of been the millionth time that day, but this time was different. Every other time the tears had come he had pushed them back and held behind a blockade of fake happiness, but this time he didn't bother battling the tears back from his eyes. Cyrus felt the tears soaking his cheeks and he placed his hand over his heart and the other over his mouth as he slid his back down the bed room door. He hit the floor with a soft thud and hiccuped into his hand.
Why? Why am I not enough for him? Why do I keep falling in love with people who don't want me? What's wrong with me?
Cyrus was rubbing his eyes relentlessly to try to get the endless flood of tears out off his face. He hated feeling this way. Feeling useless and unwanted. He felt disappointed went Andi and Jonah go together... but this was a whole new type of hurt. TJ made him feel this hurt and hit so much harder than Jonah's hurt ever did. He was sobbing loudly and wanted nothing more than for the pain to go away. For the pain to leave him.... Just like TJ did.
"Honey?" Cyrus mom called through the door before knocking. "Can i come in?". Cyrus slid from the door to the end of his bedpost and pulled his knees to his chest before croaking out a yes. The door opened and his mom walked in was a worried expression on her face, not taking more than a glance at her son sitting, broken on the floor before she rushed to his side and wrapped her arms around him. "Oh, Sweetheart" his mom whispered softly, petting Cyrus hair gently, "Honey, what happened?". Cyrus shook his head into his mom's shoulder and let out the loudest sob yet. "Is it... was...did you.... Was it a boy?" She asked softer.
Cyrus looked up at his mom shocked. He hadn't come out to his parents yet so how did she know? "M-mom?" Cyrus asked a bit scared. He was about to open his mouth again when his mom shook her head. "Don't worry," She whispered, "I know. I know you like boys. I'm your mother. I carried you inside me for nine months and two weeks.... I know and I will always, always, love you. No matter who you love". Cyrus was messy, tears drenched his face and his nose was running out onto his mothers shirt.
"It hurts" Cyrus whined, trying his hardest to will the pain from his heart away. "Have you ever been so sad that it physically hurts? Why does it feel like my heart is being clenched and pulled out of my throat!" Cyrus was barely even able to speak now and he was just so upset over TJ and Kira.
"It's called heartbreak, bubba" Cyrus mother says gently. They sat there for a moment, Cyrus just evening his breath and slowing the tears to a slow stream down his face instead of the water fall from earlier. Cyrus calming himself down a bit and his mother holding him on the carpeted bedroom floor. Just trying their best to keep each other together. "When does it stop hurting?" Cyrus mumbled to his mom, leaning against her chest as she comforted him. "It never really goes away, love. It just gets less painful than the day over time... then all it is a small sting after a while." She says softly to her son in her arms.
"I wish i could skip to then," Cyrus says as he wipes his face over with his long sleeves, "Why doesn't he want me, mom? Why do I always fall for boys who are way out of my league?". Cyrus sighs heavily while he sits up and another knock on the door is heard. Cyrus' step-dad pokes his head in to look at them before entering the room as well, kneeling down in front of them with an equally worried expression.
"What boy did this to you?" John asked as he pushed Cyrus hair out of his eyes. Cyrus looked at his mom and she shrugged her shoulder before he turned back. "Was it that TJ boy? I'll-!" Cyrus mom cuts him off and shakes her head. "Just come comfort him with me" She says softly. So that's exactly what they did, they sat together in a big group hug until Cyrus had finally worn down from emotion and fell asleep.
It had been a long day.