Soulmates AU

Summary:
Cyrus Goodman, the only male of the good hair crew. The only Jewish boy at Jefferson Middle School. The awkwardly cute kid that sat in the front of the class so that he wouldn't miss a thing the teacher said. The kid who almost failed PE. The teachers pet kinda guy. The adorable ball of a rainbow that's scared of a flamingo.The smart and classy but still petty and sassy gay. This boy had his whole life planed out and set up for him. He's the kid who you'd expect to get into Harvard if they applied. That... Is Cyrus Goodman.

TJ Kippen, the captain of Jefferson Middle School basket ball team. The kid who seemed so perfect and popular that nothing could touch him. The one who hides their imperfections by pushing others self-esteem down. The one who's trying so hard to right all of his wrongs. The man boy who no matter how hard he tries, can't seem to get a grip on his Algebra class. The one who would do anything to protect the ones he loves. That's what TJ Kippen is.

But when everyone has a soulmate out there, sometimes... they surprise you.

Word count:1,797
SoulmateAU:
For years I've has been worried that I'd be one of those few people who'd never find their soulmate and would be destined to spend their whole life lonesome and efficiently die all alone. It was my worst fear, the fear of being alone and forgotten when everyone else has their soulmates. I was four when he figured out why I couldn't see the world in color or why I couldn't tell the difference between purple and pink or blue and brown. The both looked like white or gray, and sometime black, but never pink or purple. Always dull and grayish.

My parents had sat me down and explained to me that everyone is born without the ability to see color until they meet their soulmate. I had been six when i asked why my mother and father left if they were soulmates, to which my parents heistenly revealed to me the truth. My biological mother and father told me that they had figured they didn't have soulmates, but that they figured they made each other happy enough... so they had gotten married and ten months later I had been born. It was when I was one and a half when they had both meet their real soulmates and mutually agreed that they need to get divorced. They're still all great friends and I wouldn't want it any other way with how they co-parent me, but it had me even more afraid of not finding my soulmate.

All of my friends have meet their soulmates and I was just third wheeling them all of the time. It make you feel bad about hanging out with them, Worrying that your ruining their romantic life. Andi and Amber, who have a joint Instagram account with their "ship" name, Ambi. Buffy and Marty have one too called Muffy. But my favorite joint account is Walker and Jonah, Wonah. But even through I thought they were all adorable and meant to be... I still hated third-wheeling them and felt left out when I looked at their cute couple photos. I especially hated when Ambi or Wonah post a picture of a rainbow, saying how great they colors of it were an how it symbolized their true love for one another.

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed when i saw my reflection. My mom always picks out my clothes for me so i don't walk out of the house with multiple Mismatched colored articles of clothing, and to be honest with you, I feel like she dresses me like it's fifth grade picture day everyday. I headed out of my room and down stairs where my mom and stepfather where already waiting for me at the table. I sat down with my phone placed on the table beside me as i put some food onto my plate. I noticed my mom had stopped talking to John, Mt stepfather, and decided to glance up at her to find out why.

"No phones on the table Cyrus, It's not polite. You know that" She says cheerfully. I nodded and sent a small smile at her. "Forgot" I said apologetically. I watch her nodded and then turned her attention back to John. I listen to bits and pieces of their conversation as I ate before I collected my dishes and headed to the sink to rinse them before leaving for school. "Have a good day, sweetheart. Are you sure you don't want a ride to school today?" My mom asked as I head towards the front door. I nod my head and wave before I grab my school bag and exit the house and enter the cold fall wind that seemed to go right ther my jacket. I pull the jacket tighter onto me and shiver slightly, letting out a sigh.