" I do love you, and it's not a lie. " - Oumasai (Angst)

> Hey! Welcome to the first oneshot of the book! So I may be lazy and I will only update if I have free time! I hope you enjoy this (Probably not) and onto the story~!

[THIS TAKES PLACE IN A NON-DESPAIR AU, THEY ARE NOT IN SCHOOL, ALSO SOME SENSITIVE TOPICS LIKE SUICIDE ARE MENTIONED]

- SHUICHI'S POV-

My eyes darted over to Ouma, happily chattering with some ladies and gentlemen. We were invited to a formal party and it looks like he's fitting well.

'He....seems happier..' I thought, smiling softly yet it faltered.

'I could never make him as happy as that can I...?' I thought, sighing softly and taking a sip of the non-alcoholic beverage that Akamatsu san gave to me.

I...had fancied Ouma for a while. He seemed so perfect to me.. His sparkling purple eyes, his soft and smooth purple hair, and... His bubbly and enthusiastic, yet deceiving personality. He was so interesting, yet I'm sure that he could never love me back...

' Wait...love...? ' I thought and flinched.

' Had I known him long enough to love him...? '

I had known him since high school. He was quite the liar and he still is, he's so stubborn and cute.. I love him so much..

I sighed and fixed my tie and flattened my suit out a bit before making my way towards the exit.

" Ah..? Saihara san are you leaving already..? " I heard a voice behind me say as I flinched, snapping my head back only to see Toujou.

' Oh, it's Toujou san.. ' I thought and sighed mentally.

" A-Ah, yes.. I was wondering once I left, could you give this t-to Ouma kun..? I hope you don't mind.. " I asked nervously, lightly scratching my cheek with my finger as I handed her a small note.

She chuckled and nodded, taking the note, " Alright. I don't mind. I will give it him once you leave. "

" A-Alright, thank you, Toujou san.. " O chuckled nervously and bowed, then waving at her and leaving the party, taking a deep breath as the luminous white light of the moon shone upon me.

I sighed and grasped onto my tie.

' Am I really...going to do this..? '

-KOKICHI'S POV-

I sighed once I finally got out of the crowd. My cheeks hurt from faking a smile for too long. Although.... I haven't seen Saihara in a while..

I felt a finger tap on my shoulder as I flinched and snapped my head back, only to see Toujou.

" Ouma san, Saihara san has requested to give this to you. " She spoke calmly, handing me a note.

I took it and grinned, " Nishishi~ Thanks mom! I'll see you later! " I took off running as I heard Toujou chuckle and sigh.

I rushed outside and opened the note, the white light of the moon reflecting onto the paper.

" Dear Ouma kun,

So if you got this, then I probably left the party. I've met you since middle school and fell in love with you since high school. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for what I am about to do.

I love you, and it's not a lie.

Love (Hopefully),
Saihara Shuichi "

I read the note as my eyes widened and rushed to his house.

' N-No... No..! Saihara chan..! ' I thought, my eyes welling up with tears as I hoped for the best.

I rushed to his house, slamming the door open and running up the stairs. I turned the knob only to find it locked. I had a churning feeling in my stomach as a shiver ran up my spine.

" Saihara chan..! S-Saihara chan pl-please..! " I cried out, my legs trembling as I fell onto the door, banging on it.

" Pl-Please..! Do-Don't leave me..! " I sobbed, my mask fading away, leaving the true person that lied within me. Fragile, broken, and heartbroken.

My eyes darted around, looking for something to open the door with. I saw a few hairpins on a nearby cabinet.

' M-Maybe I can use my skills...? ' I thought, quickly grabbing the hairpins and instantly got to work.

I heard a click as the door creaked open. I slammed the door wide open as I gasped, feeling my heart break from the sight I had discovered.

My beloved, his eyes shut as his navy blue hair framed his face. A familiar small bottle was spotted in his right hand, the white cap lying a few centimeters away. Pills scattered all over the floor, as Saihara's body lied next to it. A small soft smile was seen on his face, tear streaks could be faintly seen.

My body shook as I rushed to his body, shaking it, " Saihara chan..! S-Saihara chan stop acting..! Y-You're not de-dead....! .....R-Right...? " I sobbed, trying hard not to believe that my beloved was dead.

" Pl-Please... Saihara chan... I-I love you too.. Please... Please don't leave me... " I cried out, hugging his body. The words flashed onto my mind as tears ran down my face.

" I love you, and it's not a lie. "

[END]

[Word count: 851 Words]
[PUBLISHED: 9th March 2019]
[EDITED: ???]