Edith bit the inside of her cheek, she hated being helpless.

"I-i don't know anything!" Marcus shouted.

"One more lie! One more lie!" Lin shouted turning the chair. "And you'll be back there! I'll usher you out of this school, I will turn my back on you, forever. No more friends, no more home. No more Edith."

Marcus thought about everyone, he couldn't loose them. He couldn't loose her.

"I'm not the enemy. Not all authority will disappoint you, not all parents leave. But be very clear this is your last chance. You're next words will define your future."

"We-were were in Vegas."

Edith threw her head back and but her lip to prevent herself from crying. He's going to tell Lin about her murdering Chico.

"Chico followed us. He caught me with Maria, Edith had tried to warn us. So she-Maria- Diablo would've killed her."

Edith's eyes widened.

He told Lin that Maria killed Chico.

"You lied. You blamed Chico's death on Yukio."

"Yukio let the comages in. He got Jaden killed, Edith hurt. So, Maria thought- She-" Marcus took a long sigh as he watched the projection.

Lin tapped his shoulder and walked away.

He looked at the Pillar and saw Edith with tears rolling down her face. He nodded for her to go to him.

Edith ran over to Marcus and knelt down in front of him.

"E?" Edith nodded and started to undo the buckles. "I-i-" Edith nodded and wiped away Marcus' tears. "I couldn't-I didn't-"

 "I couldn't-I didn't-"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Edith understood. She grabbed his hand and ran her thumb over his knuckles. Marcus stood up and pulled Edith in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry." He mumbled.

Edith felt a few tears drip onto her shoulder. She couldn't help it, hearing Marcus cry, just made her cry. She let a few tears escape, dampening Marcus' shirt.

Marcus' wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her tightly. He never wanted to let her go.

~

Edith sat with her legs hanging over the roof, looking out at the different buildings.

"What? What are you dressed up for?" Saya chuckled pointing to Willie.

"I'm gonna go surprise my girl after her shift." Willie smiled. "I'm taking your advice. Working on being more honest." Saya smiled at Willie and took a seat beside Edith.

"Thank you. For today. I'm glad to know that I've got at least one true friend." Edith placed her hand over Saya's and gave it a small comforting squeeze.

NO WORDS | MARCUS LOPEZ ARGUELLOजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें