Hanahaki Disease [ALL PARTS FINISHED]

Coughing up flowers and sometimes blood isn't an ideal life, but it's how some people live. Hanahaki Disease is a disease that one develops when an individual has feelings for someone and the feelings aren't reciprocated. The disease causes the victim to cough up flower petals and flowers. If it goes on long enough, they will start coughing up blood. If left untreated for too long, it can cause death. There are ways for the disease to stop; your feelings are reciprocated or... if you get surgery to remove the disease. Many want the first option because the second option causes you to lose all of the previous feelings you had and it's near impossible to get them back.

Phillip has Hanahaki Disease. He developed it after becoming acquaintances with Yuliy Jirov and falling for him during school. Yuliy has a girlfriend though, her name is Angela and they're going strong according to the gossip floating around the school.

Another day for Phillip just meant more school and more flowers. Phillip sits in his Pre-Calc class, copying what his teacher had written on the board. The sound of the door opening disrupts people and they look over. Yuliy was standing at the door. "Ah, Yuliy. You can have a seat in front of Phillip. Everyone, he'll be a part of our class from now on. Now, please get back to doing your work," The teacher talks sternly and Yuliy walks over, sitting down in front of Phillip. 

That familiar stabbing feeling in his throat. The urge to cough and throw up. Phillip silently goes to the back of the class and grabs the hall pass, signing out on a sheet of paper before walking out of class and rushing to the bathroom. He barely makes it inside before coughing and gagging. flowers falling out of his mouth, some of their vibrant color covered by blood. Phillip holds his throat and picks up the petals, putting them into one of the toilets. He takes slow breaths, trying to calm down before going back to class.

Yuliy watches as Phillip rushes out of class as soon as he sits down but shrugs it off and writes down what is written on the board. Around ten minutes later Phillip walks back into class, sitting at his desk again. Yuliy turns around, looking at him. "Yo, looks like we're in the same class now. You're the only one I know here so... could I ask you for help when I need it?" Yuliy asks.

"Sure, if you need help with anything just text me. I'll give you my number," Phillip mumbles in reply, looking down to hide the blush creeping onto his face. He writes his number on the corner of a piece of paper, ripping it out of his notebook and handing it to Yuliy. 

"Thanks, man." Yuliy turns back around and Phillip nods in response.

The bell rings. Kids pack up their bags and those who packed up early rush out of class. The end of the day couldn't have come faster. Phillip grabs his bag, slinging it over his shoulder, and walks out of the class. He walks out into the parking lot and over to his car, starting it, and driving away from the campus.

"I've never been happier to be home. Fuck. Of all the people to be in my class it had to be Yuliy. Damnit," Phillip mutters to himself as he flops on his bed, sinking into the blankets. 

*Ding*

Phillips' phone goes off, a message appears on the screen—an unknown number.

Hey, it's Yuliy. Figured  I'd text you so you had my number.

Phillip doesn't open his phone and places its screen down on his nightstand, groaning as he buries his face into the pillow. "This is bullshit. Maybe I should think about that surgery I heard about." He rolls over, lying on his side and facing the wall. "I hate having this stupid disease. I barely even know the guy. Why the hell did I even fall for him?"

*Ding*

Another message. Phillip groans, grabbing his phone and looking at the message. It was from Yuliy again. A message asking for a picture of the notes on the board because he couldn't get all of it down before they had moved on. Phillip takes a photo of the notes and sends them to him, saying nothing else.