Chapter 21

~Time skip: 1 month (because nothing interesting happens before and let's be real, we all want to cut to the chase)~

"Oh my god, can you believe it!?" Aoi shook me by my shoulders as we sat in the classroom. "Aoi, stop. You're ruining not just your hair and nails, but my outfit too." "Oops." I moved strands of her hair back in place. "Is Ryoken coming?" "Maybe..." She squealed then slapped my arm. "Right! Has Takeru arrived yet?" "Not sure." The door opened and Takeru had stepped in.

"It's really the day." "I know." I fake cried on Takeru's shoulder before laughing. "Yu, do you remember?" "The serious talk?" "So you do. Good." I gave him a thumbs up then greeted other classmates who had stopped by.

____________

I waited anxiously as they called students up. I would be the first in our group of three to receive my diploma. "Fujiki Akira." I was next after him. My heart pounded slightly as I thought of everything that could go wrong. I calmed myself down only to hear my name called. I moved up to the stage then went through the motions like we practiced beforehand. I briefly looked out to the crowd hoping to see my parents and Ryoken as well. I kept moving as I had probably stood there too long. I couldn't spot any of them. They finished with my row then gestured for us to sit.

It continued on like this until they had gone through everyone. Soon the closing words were said and we were free to go. Aoi approached me with misty eyes. "This is really it." "It is." I wasn't one to cry, but it was tough to hold in. "Can't believe I'm actually going to miss you." "Hey!" She hit my arm then laughed. "Well, I actually have a surprise for you." I waited for her to continue.

"You lie." "I no lie." I sighed then let a smile form on my lips. "Another 4 years with you huh?" "Precisely." Takeru had come over then looked at me. "Ah, Takeru wants to talk now. I'll see you." She waved and I walked over to Takeru. I followed behind him as we made our way to the music room.

He closed the door then sighed. "Where do I even start?" I looked at him as he contemplated. "I'll just cut to the chase. I like you, Yusaku." "Well, I would hope so." He rolled his eyes then playfully hit me. "Romantically, you idiot." I blinked in surprise. "Really...?" "Yeah, but it's whatever. I didn't want to regret not telling you." I was sure he knew my answer, but waited it out. "You know my answer, right?" "Yep, but I want to hear it from you." "I can't accept your feelings, Ru." "Because you like Ryoken, right?"

I waved his statement off. "I don't." "Yu, are you really saying I don't know better than you do? It's so obvious now." I didn't say anything as I really couldn't protest anymore. "I saw you both out by the gate. Just friends don't hug like that." I felt bad as he had witnessed it. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. "I guess I do. I don't know why, but I do." I had finally said it out loud. The feelings I had kept hidden were now out in the open. "Then I won't keep you." He left.

I left the room a while later as I didn't have anywhere to be. I went back to the auditorium then noticed my things weren't there. "Did Aoi pick them up?" I turned around then saw Ryoken standing by the doors with my things. I found myself running over to him with a few tears creeping out of my eyes. He actually came like he said he would. He was right here standing in front of me. He caught me in his arms and spun me around.

"What was all that?" I held him tighter. "I finally admitted it. It's now out in the open..." "Huh?" I pulled away then surprised him with a kiss. I didn't know how he felt about me at all, but I at least wanted him to know how I felt about him. I pulled away with tinted cheeks. "I like you. Romantically." I waited for his response. I would probably be rejected, but just like Takeru, I didn't want to regret not telling him.

"You like me huh?" "Yeah." "Then...I like you too." He smiled then kissed me. He asked for entrance into my mouth and I gladly let him. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss before pulling away for air. "You're mine now, Yu." "Stop..." "Never." He continued to say embarrassing things until I had started to chase him down for it. Things had somehow worked out between us, but this was probably only the beginning of everything.