Chapter 3

Levy P.O.V

Lucy and I left well after midnight from the party at the bar. It had been fun to sit with Gajeel and Gildarts, watching Natsu parade around like an idiot. It was nice, just getting to relax for once, not having to worry about sniffers or the Reds. Not worrying about class or having to dress fine and act like a lady should. If it weren't for the plague breathing down everyone's backs, it would be the high life. I sighed softly as we reached our tiny home. It was nice for a slum house, but a slum house none the less. We could easily live in my manor uptown, but Lucy and I hated it. Most in the upper class were recluses anyway, so people wouldn't see me anyway.

I stretched out in my small makeshift hammock, basically an old blanket tied to the rafters of our tiny house. I curled up in it, more comfortable than in any bed in that stuffy manor, and started to drift to sleep. I woke with a start when Lucy let out a squeel. I tumbled out of my hammock and ran to her room, coming up short when a head of pink hair tumbled out of her bed.

" What the hell!" she screamed as she kicked Natsu hard in the gut. He gasped out as he held his stomach. " I just... wanted to hang out some more." He groaned, short of breath. " You do that in the day time, not crawling into someone's bed while they sleep! I barely know you!" she hissed. I sighed as I rubbed my throbbing forehead, realizing after a minute it wasn't throbbing, but someone was knocking on the door. I shuffled to the door and threw it open, glaring up at Gajeel. " Let me guess, you wanna hang put too?" I grumbled.

He snorted but it was interrupted by a yawn. " Na. Just came to get the idiot, I tried to stop him." He smirked. "Nice hair." I ran my hand through my birds nest hair and immediately felt self conscious about my over sized night shirt. I pointed to the back where Lucy was still yelling at Natsu. He shuffled in and disappeared.  There was a small scuffle before Gajeel drug Natsus limp body from Lucys bedroon. " Sorry for the wake up call." He grumbled quietly, yawning again.

I shook my head, "Thanks for coming to get him."He grunted but didn't leave right away. I rose an eyebrow at him. " Do you... I dunno... Wanna grab breakfast? Mira cooks a mean meal." He asked gruffly, scratching the back of his head and I felt my face flush. " Natsu will be there too, you and blondy can join us." He continued and I smiled.  " We would love to." His lips quirked up in a small smile before he nodded and finally left with Natsu.

I smiled and hurried to Lucys room,  where she was fixing her bed before she laid back in it. " Wanna grab breakfast at Miras? " She smiled sleepily and nodded. "Sleep first. " she murmured before falling face first into her bed. I giggled before going back to my hammock and curling up with my old blanket.

I woke again as the sun peeked through my window and I groaned, rolling away from the window and deeper into my blanket. " We gonna go get breakfast or what!" Lucy called from the other room and I perked up, remembering last night. I tumbled out of my hammock, landing lightly on my bare feet before quickly dressing in my usual garb, though substituting my head band for a tan beanie. I met up with Lucy in the front room before we headed for Miras bar. In day light, I would have to say the slums are more appealing than the polished white manors of the upper class. Even with death always on edge, there was color and laughter everywhere. Some younger children ran around with medical masks on, hoping to stay at least somewhat healthy.

There were some days that the radiation spiked so high, we went safe in our own homes, what with their poor build. Some would immediately succumb to the virus, and we would have to dig dozens of graves. Luckily today, the city was calm, nothing a miss.

We made it to the bar and easily found the boys on the other side at a table, saving us seats. Natsu waved energetically and we waved back, "Morning!" He called as we made our way over and sat between them, me by Gajeel and Lucy by Natsu. " Morning." I said mid yawn. " What's for breakfast?" Lucy asked. " It's different everyday. You eat what she gives you, but it's always pretty damn good." Gajeel grumbled and i smiled. As if on cue, the white haired bar maid walked up with four bowls, placing them in front of us. It smelled wonderful but I couldn't place it, and it looked vaguely like stew.

I took a bite and groaned at the wonderful flavor. " I can never go back to eating Lucys food." I mumbled as i ate another spoon full. Lucy pouted but soon didn't complain as she ate her own food. Natsu was the noisiest,  messyist eater I had ever seen, even Gajeel looked a bit grossed out. A faint beeping sounded in my pocket, and I pulled out the clear screen, barely bigger than the palm of my hand. The screen glowed slightly and soon, I was face to face with Gildarts. " Sup old man." I said as i munched on some toast Mira brought.

" I know you and Lucy just did a job last night, but I got a new one for ya." I nodded for him to continue while I ate, setting up the screen so we could all see him and he us. " One of my sources tells me there is a shipment coming into one of the new labs tonight. And they have an... 'Extra' order that they won't be needing." He said with a slight smirk. " So we kindly 'liberate' this extra order. So it doesn't go to waste." Natsu said with a grin. Gildarts nodded." There's something else." He looked at me. " Droy is needing more supplies, so you will be 'liberating' those as well." I nodded but Gajeel raised a studded eyebrow. "Later." I said before looking back to Gildarts. "Is that all?" He nodded. " Alright. After breakfast I will go to Droys and see what all he needs." and with that, the screen blacked out.

" Who's Droy?" Gajeel asked. " A close friend and a scientist.  He was also knocked out of the upper class, but even still, he is trying to find a cure." I said and he nodded. We finished eating and I stood. " I'm gonna go, you guys coming?" They nodded and stood. We walked out of the bar and I stretched, getting ready to climb. " Where are we going short stuff? " Gajeel asked and I scowled at him. I pointed to the tallest building in the slums. It had a broken glass dome on the top and looked ready to collapse, but in reality, it was probably the toughest building here. I smirked slightly. " Can you keep up?"