Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The crowd jumped to their feet and cheered waving their arms in the air. I sat in the middle of both Rita and Audrey happily. Jackson and a few of his friends that hung out with us sometimes were supposed to show up but they were apparently running a little late.

“So tell me again how you met this guy?” I asked Rita shaking my head with a little laugh.

She shrugged and grinned. “I met Drew last week at the mall. You know how big this school is, I had no idea that he was a senior here. I saw him this morning and we…got talking.”

Audrey and I laughed.

She bit her lip and held her hands up in defence. “No seriously, we talked and he told me about playing basketball and we made a deal, if he won the game then I’d kiss him if he lost then he has to carry my books to every class tomorrow.”

I frowned and nudged her. “Please, you’ll kiss him whether he wins or loses.”

“That’s exactly what I was going to say.” Audrey chuckled and fist bumped my knuckles.

“Hey baby!” I heard Jackson’s familiarly loud voice call.

I sighed and turned my head to see him making his way up the stairs with his friends Ryan and Paul. I stood up and waved, forcing a smile noticing that people were looking between us as if we were the most adorable couple on earth.

When he reached me he kissed my cheek and went to sit down beside me before realising there were no seats. “You didn’t save me a spot?”

I shrugged. “I didn’t think you were still coming.”

He chuckled and nuzzled my neck. “I’ll always come for you.”

I smiled. “I could have spent a night away, I have my girls.”

He scoffed and shook his head. “No way, I could not leave you alone in the middle of a crowded stadium.”

I sighed. I had learnt not to argue and just pretended that I liked the fact that he treated me as if I couldn’t look after myself. “Well thanks.”

The team scored another goal and again we jumped up to cheer. There was only five minutes left and the team was two goals behind. I’d seen them win multiple times but when they lost, they lost badly. I was almost sure that Drew and Rita would get their kiss.

Audrey crossed one leg over the other and smiled. “Rita wants to know if you’re up for a celebratory event after this with the team.”

I laughed and frowned slightly. “They haven’t won yet though?”

“They’re going to!” Rita cheered as they scored another goal. Now there was only two points to win.