Valentine was the blue eyed blond girl and Jade was sitting next to her. Jade had black hair and pale skin. She was wearing a red crop sweater with some faded blue skinny jeans. Her green eyes looked at me a little defensively but not unfriendly. I had seen those two somewhere around school before and the image of the school cheerleader uniform flashed into mind. Great it was the head cheerleader and one of her followers.

"Hi." I said kind of quietly. "Um, this is Rick. He's my friend." I mumbled out pointing to Rick. Fuck. Why am I so nervous? Rick gave everyone one of his most charming smiles and dropped his arm around my neck.

"Nice to meet ya'll." He said.

We all sat down at the table. Veronica, Sean, and Valentine on one side and Rick, Jade, and I on the other side. We ordered some pizza that was done almost five minutes after we ordered it. And I was unsure about the quality of the pizza but it was actually pretty freaking good. Rick and Jade made friends quickly and were chatting a lot through out the whole thing. I was trapped in a riveting bombard of questions from Veronica and Valentine. And Sean, he said nothing. Either way I was starting to feel a bit better about this and was actually laughing by the time the workers told us that they were closing.

As we walked out of the pizza place – that I still didn't know the name of – Veronica asked if we wanted some beer. Rick declined saying something about taking me home since I immediately said yes when she asked. I wasn't really that eager to get drunk, but I did feel like getting drunk. Or at least buzzed. It had been a while and stressing on top of it was making me tense. We sat on the curb and drank for a while. Jade brought out her cigarettes and I had one. The though of him came back to mind and then I really started to drink.

I was starting to really feel it when Veronica stood up in front of us. Well, she staggered a little but was seemly okay. She hadn't drank much because she was driving Valentine and Jade back home, as well as Sean.

"Okay. So I think now, is a good time to go to the Water Tower. Michael is one of us now. We're all a bit ruff around the edges but that's okay." She said and smiled at me. "Now. Who's driving?" She laughed.

We left Rick's car at the pizza place and all piled into Veronica's car. Sean drove and Veronica sat in the passengers seat. Rick, Valentine, Jade, and I squeezed into the back with Valentine sitting on Jade's lap. All the windows were down as we sped down the road and into more country side. Music was blasting that I barely recalled being Lorde's album Pure Heroine. I feel at easy for once when I was with out Liam. Rick looked at me with a smile and I smiled back at him. I think he was happy that I was having fun.

I laughed at Veronica who was screaming out her window and flipping off the occasional person we saw on the otherwise empty rode. We quickly swerved onto a small dirt road and went down that path for a little bit until I saw the water tower. It was old and rusted and looked like it was about to fall over. Sean stopped the car and stumbled out of the car. I suddenly realized that he was probably way more drunk than he looked.

Either way everyone got out the car and started to climb up the ladder.

"Is that safe?" I accidentally blurted out.

They looked back at me and Rick and laughed.

"It'll hold." Veronica said over her shoulder as she started to climb up. I glanced nervously back at Rick. He rolled he eyes and pushed me forward.

"I'll catch you if you fall, dumb-ass. Liam would kill me otherwise." He said. I scoffed at him but stupidly enough, it made me feel better about climbing it.

When I got to the top I stepped over to let Rick up. He sat the furthest away from the ladder. I sat on the right side of him, followed by Sean, Veronica, Jade and then Valentine. I looked down at the ground below us and damn, that looked like a long way down. But there was still railing around the Water Tower so I clung to that.