decorating, or at least trying to

(Harry's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)

Harry pushed open the door to his new home. The house was perfect. It was everything Harry could've imagined it to be. The interior was simple, elegant. The colours were mainly green and white but the green was nice and subtle.

As Harry stepped inside, he could see steps to the right of him that curved and led to a landing on the left. Harry was standing in a small hallway which led to an empty doorframe. Through the doorframe, Harry could see the corner of a sofa and carpet so he assumed that was the living room. Harry turned back to Draco looking at him in disbelief.

"Should I take my shoes off?" Harry asked.

"Yes please. I hate to be like this but you know me." Draco said almost hesitantly.

Harry took his shoes off and held them in his hands. "Where would you like me to put them?"

"There's a shoe rack just there and half is for my shoes and half is for your shoes."

Harry put his shoes down on the shoe rack and looked up to Draco. "It won't look like this for long." Harry took his coat off and saw the hooks Draco's coats were on. He saw that half the hooks were empty and the other half had coats on. "Neither will this." Harry said motioning to the coat hooks.

"I know, I just thought a bit of organisation might be nice to begin with." Draco said putting emphasis on 'organisation' and 'nice'.

"I'll try for as long as I can." Draco gave Harry a look as to say 'really?'. "I will I promise." Harry drew a cross on his chest with his finger.

"Feel free to explore." Draco said.

"You'll stay with me though?" Harry asked a bit worried.

"Of course I will. I never want to leave you." Draco said as he kissed Harry.

Harry smiled and carried on walking. Harry walked into the living room. He saw another arch that led to what looked like a library. The living room had a single window running down the left side of it which gave a beautiful view of the garden. There was an open space in the wall where you could see the kitchen. Below this open window, there was a mantle piece where a few ornaments and a single photograph were displayed. The photo was of Draco and his mother. There was a white fluffy carpet on the floor and a sofa and armchair. The sofa was placed not quite in the centre of the room but a bit further back. The armchair was next to it but was at a slight angle. In the middle of the back wall was a TV. There was a DVD player and basket full of DVDs on the floor.

"This is amazing."

"I tried my best." Draco said almost nervously.

"Can we watch a film tonight?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Of course we can." Draco replied sweetly. "You can take a look at them later if you want."

Harry was about to say something but Draco beat him to it. "Not now though." Harry's face dropped slightly.

"Why not?" Harry whined.

"We have 30 minutes before Ron and Hermione arrive and we still have more house to explore."

"Fine."

Harry continued exploring. He walked through the next arch and entered a library. There was a window ahead of him with a blanket and cushions on a built in bench below. Surrounding him were bookcases as high as the room full of books. Some were muggle books and lots of them were wizarding books. Harry pulled out a book and saw it was a muggle book, one of his favourites - The Woman In Black. It looked unread. Harry pulled out another book and saw it was a wizarding book - The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. This book look very well read, the corners were curled and there were lots of bends in the book from when Draco had marked his place.