the days after

(Draco's POV)
(The day after the accident)

The first thing Draco did was check on Harry. His colleagues had told him Harry had been awake for about an hour. Harry was still in the same room and as Draco approached he wondered what state Harry would be in. Draco knocked and waited for an answer before he walked in. *knock, knock*

"Come in"

Draco walked in on Harry looking at one of his stitched up cuts on his right side. "Hey, how are you feeling today?" Draco asked, somehow already knowing the answer that was going to come out of Harry's mouth.

"Fine" Harry replied bluntly

"Harry, I need you to be honest with me because I need to know if you need more drugs or if we need to examine something again. Please, tell me the truth." Draco said quietly, looking Harry straight in the eyes. Those eyes. They could pierce you with their emerald shine alone.

"Okay. I feel tired and I hurt. I hurt a lot. Everything hurts. I can barely remember anything. I hate this." Harry replied.

Draco heart started beating a lot faster when Harry said he could barely remember anything. "Okay. I will give you some more painkillers in a moment. I just need you to answer a couple of questions for me, is that ok?" Draco asked Harry.

"I guess." Harry replied.

"Okay, Harry, do you know who I am?" Draco asked.

"You're the doctor from yesterday, I think." Harry replied uncertainly.

"Yes, anything else?" Draco asked, quickly covering his badge.

"Um... I don't- Oh Merlin. You're Draco Malfoy." Harry replied

Draco felt so relived to hear this. "Yes, I am. And can you tell me anything that happened to you in the last week?" Draco asked, feeling much happier

"Um... I-I... uh... um..." Harry stuttered, he looked as if he was about to cry. All Draco wanted to do was pull him into a hug.

"It's okay Harry, take your time." Draco said gently.

"I... uh... no, I can't remember anything from the past few months. The last thing I remember was seeing you in Hogsmeade that time." Harry said, his voice breaking.

Draco moved and sat next to him on the bed. "Harry, this may be hard for you to hear but that time in Hogsmeade was 8 months ago. You have memory loss, it is possible to remember the past 8 months again but it will take time." Draco said, as calmly as he could.

"Oh... uh... okay." Harry said, tears spilling over his cheeks now. Draco looked at him and noticed that he looked a lot paler than he should but thought nothing of it.

"Harry, I just have a few more questions for you." Draco said

"Okay. Shoot." Harry said. 'Typical Harry' Draco thought.

"What are the first, middle and last name of your two best friends?" Draco asked.

"Um... Hermione Jean Granger and ... uh... uh... Ronald Bilius Weasley." Harry replied looking worried.

"Yes, Harry, that's right," Draco said warmly, "and last question, what is the name of your girlfriend?"

"Um... Ginny Weasley." Harry replied.

Draco felt sorry for Harry as he couldn't remember the events of the day before. "Harry, you probably shouldn't hear this from me but I think you deserve to know now." said Draco.

"What, what is it?" Harry asked, looking nervous.

"Ginny isn't your girlfriend anymore. You came out to everyone yesterday and Ron screamed at you to get out so you did. You went for a drive, hit a stag and drove over the side of a 100 metre cliff." Draco said as best as he could, there was no way he could have put it any better than that.